Sideways Rolling Bridge

Started by Nick, January 21, 2021, 08:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

In an old and long forgotten dock in East London there is now a community centre. They want to build a moving bridge across the entrance for boats to get by at any tide level. A sideways rolling square bridge!
I'm intrigued by the design which will fit into a cramped space. They could use a standard drawbridge or swing bridge but obviously they want to be different.

https://codydock.org.uk/cody-dock-rolling-bridge/

PR19_Kit

That's certainly different!  :o

I'm not sure I've EVER seen a bridge like that anywhere, a very clever design.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

It's a clever design but I think I'd rather it stayed in the same place. It could have circular ends and rotate on a set of gears like a bicycle. That could use the same handle as for canal lock gates.

PR19_Kit

There's a couple of bridges like that, rotating circular ones I mean, in Holland.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I bet that was designed by an architect rather than an engineer.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2021, 08:24:23 AM
That's certainly different!  :o

I'm not sure I've EVER seen a bridge like that anywhere, a very clever design.  :thumbsup:

It's certainly clever, but practical ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tigercat

Call me cynical but I can envisage some bored youths cutting the cables.