Bungle's stash cull and Models for Heroes

Started by Hobbes, December 31, 2020, 09:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Andy (Bungle)'s stash cull got me thinking: this might be a good opportunity to make a donation to Models for Heroes. I reached out to Andy with a proposal that I send him some money and he sends the kits to MFH.

The What-if SIG ran Operation Magpie, which provided the inspiration for MFH. With the lack of model shows this year, opportunities for a direct donation were fewer. While a financial donation to the charity is always possible, I like being able to donate model kits.

So, anyone want to join in?

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Bungle

I'll start digging out kits this weekend. They will be sealed kits where ever possible plus quite a few off their 'wishlist'.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

I'm well up for that.  :thumbsup:

There's NO way I'll build fast enough to make all the kits in The Loft before my time is up. Even Dizzy couldn't manage that  ;D and they'd be going to places people will appreciate them I'm sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Bungle

Harro (Hobbes) donated £50 to Model 4 Heroes trusting me to match the donation (I did) and put together a package.

Here is what will be making up the package....

All these models are sealed and I hope you agree make up a varied selection.

If anyone buys anything from my End of Year Stash Cull I will donate kits of equal value to Models for Heroes. If anyone wishes just to donate please do so by paypal to fraser299@hotmail.com and say what kits off the list you want me to add to the package or leave it to my best judgement. I realise this is all open to you putting your trust in me, all I can say is I won't let you down.

Andy Fraser

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Bungle

Chris (Narses2) has donated the following

Thank you

Bungle

I have donated the following based on the Sale receipts from Smackers, Murfv and Freightdog862)

I have filled the box with a few others and am waiting on ParcelForce to collect the 12 kg of models for Models4Heroes in the What-If forums name.

Army of One

I have replied on the sale threads re a few models. How do I donate cool hard cash...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Bungle

Received this from Models For Heroes :

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle