Messerschmit P.1099 in Finnish Service. Finnished pics page 4.

Started by zenrat, December 06, 2020, 02:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Captured by the Red Army Finnish Airforce.
Messerschmitt P.1099 B:1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As with other Me 262 based kits of my experience the engine nacelles are a poor fit meaning all the detail around the intakes will be lost though sanding.
I also fully expect there to be much PSR required when the time comes to fit them to the wings.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've a few of these in the stash, always a type I've been attracted to.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 07, 2020, 06:28:52 AM
I've a few of these in the stash, always a type I've been attracted to.

You should take more care with the glue  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

The wings are undersized IMO.
And all the extra guns added to create the B/1 version look a bit ridiculous.
However, it has all the parts needed to build the other version, except the canopy.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

The wings are O.K. on this P.1099 model, but the engine nacelles are wrong. For the kit they are simple Me 262 copies, but due to CoG reasons they should sit further back under the wings. However, it's a whiffy model, so who cares...  :rolleyes:

buzzbomb

"I'll just whip this one out while waiting for the glue to dry on the other one"  ;D

Do you have a loan of Dizzy's Magic Wand of Construction Swiftness ?

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 08, 2020, 03:49:06 AM
The wings are O.K. on this P.1099 model, but the engine nacelles are wrong. For the kit they are simple Me 262 copies, but due to CoG reasons they should sit further back under the wings. However, it's a whiffy model, so who cares...  :rolleyes:

If you moved the engines back to accouont for the CofG people would complain that you built it wrong

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 08, 2020, 12:54:09 PM
"I'll just whip this one out while waiting for the glue to dry on the other one"  ;D

I would never have said that as I know how much work is going to interfere with my shed time over the next two weeks.
That and neighbours.  I got nothing done today as I was collecting furniture from the tip recycling store (AKA The Emporium) for my neighbours.

What I meant was that while the wings may be the correct size WRT Messerschmitt's plans they look too small compared to that fat fuselage - based purely on my personal aesthetics rather than any perceived inaccuracy..

I have ordered a Ju-88 night fighter which will donate it's radar antlers to this build and then fulfil my desire to build a Ju-88 (an aircraft I have never built a model of).

Fred

zenrat

Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on December 09, 2020, 01:59:16 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on December 08, 2020, 12:54:09 PM

I would never have said that as I know how much work is going to interfere with my shed time over the next two weeks.
That and neighbours.  I got nothing done today as I was collecting furniture from the tip recycling store (AKA The Emporium) for my neighbours.

What I meant was that while the wings may be the correct size WRT Messerschmitt's plans they look too small compared to that fat fuselage - based purely on my personal aesthetics rather than any perceived inaccuracy..

I have ordered a Ju-88 night fighter which will donate it's radar antlers to this build and then fulfil my desire to build a Ju-88 (an aircraft I have never built a model of).

Depending on the version of Ju88 night fighter you build you can change the nose for a different radar.

Gondor

zenrat

I got a Hasegawa G-6.  IIRC it has two different sets of antlers.
Fred

zenrat

Nose cap on (with additional weights, for luck) and so it is PSR time.
Fred

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on December 09, 2020, 01:59:16 AM

That's part of the reason this kit has languished in my stash, it's weedy wings and low power.  Otherwise, I like the fat fuselage and you can't have too many guns. I was thinking Russian too, it screams sturmovik to me.

Messerschmitt thought the same about the wings and powerplant and followed it up with other designs:
http://www.luft46.com/mess/mep1100j.html
http://www.luft46.com/mess/mep10192.html
http://www.luft46.com/mess/mep10199.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Thanks for those links.  Gives me some ideas should I ever get another of these.
Fred