Daleks at the Armour Museum

Started by rickshaw, December 04, 2020, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Surely Daleks are the opposite of tanks?
Tanks were developed to cross the chaotic morass of no-man's land while Daleks have trouble crossing a shagpile rug.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

rickshaw

Not in the new Doctor Who.  They can climb stairs now.  We have no hope of defeating them!   :banghead:

zenrat

I don't accept the new Daleks.  They are just plain wrong.
I am a Dalek traditionalist.
Real Daleks don't fly and can't climb stairs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Probably not a coincidence that Daleks appeared  in the 1960s at same time as Tower blocks...

https://www.blogtorwho.com/on-this-day-in-1988-the-daleks-conquered-the-stairs/

PR19_Kit

What, no Darth Vader?  :o

Oh no, he died, didn't he...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2020, 02:54:03 AM

Yup I'm a Dalek traditionalist as well. We used to play at Daleks in the school playground when they first came out back in 1963. It was much more fun when Robomen came out in their second appearance though. Whilst playing if you were captured by the Daleks you were converted into a Roboman by being held up against the outside loo wall and then being "knee'd" in the nuts  :unsure: The master on playground duty used to just let us get on with it. Can you imagine that happening now ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Reminds me of my first trip to Telford, nearly got run over by a Dalek  :dalek:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

There was a guy in a Dalek costume (is that the right word?) at one of the hobby shows a few years ago... various comments were issuing from it, but there was a somewhat evasive answer when, after stating that Daleks were the Superior Beings he/it was asked 'What about stairs?'  ;D

NARSES2

Shows how times change. The first time a Dalek was removed from its "machine" in Dr Who they issued a warning immediately prior to the show. Nowadays people wouldn't bat an eyelid.

We once had a serious discussion down the pub about how you'd go about sexing a Dalek and whether the ones you saw on t.v. were all male or not. Amazing what a few  :cheers: can do  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: rickshaw on December 05, 2020, 02:49:46 AM
Not in the new Doctor Who.  They can climb stairs now.  We have no hope of defeating them!   :banghead:

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 05, 2020, 06:04:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2020, 02:54:03 AM

Yup I'm a Dalek traditionalist as well. We used to play at Daleks in the school playground when they first came out back in 1963. It was much more fun when Robomen came out in their second appearance though. Whilst playing if you were captured by the Daleks you were converted into a Roboman by being held up against the outside loo wall and then being "knee'd" in the nuts  :unsure: The master on playground duty used to just let us get on with it. Can you imagine that happening now ?  ;)

They've been able to fly longer than you might think!  :dalek: :dalek: :dalek:
https://youtu.be/3_cJ9BlMCw8
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

They also had a "support" Dalek as well - one with a bloody big blaster on it.  The 25th anniversary series wasn't broadcast where I was living because the Cricket was on.  I only saw it complete many years later.  It was set in IIRC 1965 when Doctor Who was first telecast in the UK.  Nice touch, with the original Doctor Who playing on a TV in the background.   :thumbsup:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on December 06, 2020, 04:48:50 PM
  It was set in IIRC 1965 when Doctor Who was first telecast in the UK. 

1963 in the U.K. the day after Kennedy's assassination. Then the first episode was repeated the following week for some reason, can't remember if it was a power cut the previous week or a strike ?