One handed modelling

Started by Glenn Gilbertson, November 24, 2020, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gilbertson

Has anybody any tips to enable one-handed modelling?

Made the mistake of slipping on ice in March. I am having my right shoulder stitched back together on Thursday (s***s law, I'm right-handed!) - will be strapped up for four weeks, then lots of physio & hopefully back to full use after twelve weeks.

Would like to take part in  the captured GB (nothing complicated), but may have to pass!

tigercat

How about some Armour kits , something by armourfast or plastic soldier company that are aimed more at war gamers, that are easy to assemble ?

Rheged

Write a backstory (or stories)! You can type one handed and your imagination is undamaged.  Have a careful, one handed, look through the stash and decide what looks easy to build. Then, when your right arm is functional again, you have the story to go with this easy build.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Mossie

Snap kits, such as the Bandai Star Wars series?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Good luck mate.  I feel you may be in for four weeks of frustration - but I will be happy to be proven wrong.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks, guys,

Will investigate" third hands" available in the UK, while plotting devious backstories (enhanced by heavy-duty analgesics).

The time will soon pass - four weeks is not tremendous in the great scheme of things.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on November 25, 2020, 12:57:26 PM
Thanks, guys,

Will investigate" third hands" available in the UK, while plotting devious backstories (enhanced by heavy-duty analgesics).

The time will soon pass - four weeks is not tremendous in the great scheme of things.

'Better Living Through Chemistry', I always say... or was that Bryan Cranston?  :unsure:

Yes, working out future projects is a Plan. (I find it an excellent way to get to sleep at night, too!)

And there are always books/movies/opinions to air on What-If to fill in time...  ;D

Hope everything goes well and you're back in the groove again soon!  :thumbsup:

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks, Rick,
-
Progressing well, & getting the first reasonable night's sleep since March. Saw the consultant last week & was given photos of the keyhole surgery - fantastic stitching job.
Working on plans, & hoping to live another 75 years to actually do the builds. In the meantime, a bit surprised that my dear wife is not more pleased that I can operate the computer mouse with the "wrong" hand with no trouble! ;D

Rick Lowe

Yeah, it's amazing what they can do nowadays, and how far we've come in a relatively short time.
Though I'd still rather not see the inside of my own body - or anyone else's, for that matter. :o

I haven't worked out how long I'd have to live, to get my stash built - especially at my glacial build rate! :rolleyes:

A bit sad when your nearest and dearest isn't as supportive as you'd hope...  :lol:

NARSES2

Glad your progressing well Glenn  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 18, 2020, 04:16:00 PM

Though I'd still rather not see the inside of my own body - or anyone else's, for that matter. :o

Recently had a very interesting trip through my insides which was available in full colour for me to watch live  :o Mind you it did take my mind of the procedure.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.