Breguet Br.695. Algeria 1946.

Started by zenrat, November 21, 2020, 12:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The Bréguet 690 and its derivatives were a series of light twin-engine ground-attack aircraft that were used by the French Air Force in World War II.

Breguet Br.695  - 21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The aircraft was intended to be easy to maintain, forgiving to fly, and capable of 480 km/h (300 mph) at 4,000 m (13,120 ft). The type's sturdy construction was frequently demonstrated and the armament was effective. However, French rearmament began two full years later than that in Britain, and none of these aircraft were available in sufficient numbers to make a difference in 1940.

Breguet Br.695  - 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Following the French surrender the Luftwaffe had first pick of those aircraft handed over with the Vichy collaborators  being allowed to use those it rejected.  Aircraft from the Br.690 series were taken by the Nazis for use in the Mediterranean theatre and North Africa.  They were re-armed with German weapons and refinished in the standard RLM decreed colours fo the theatre.

Breguet Br.695  - 6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Following the end of the war France took back their remaining aircraft.  Br.695s were put into service in Algeria where they were used to suppress uppity local tribes.  They remained as used by the Luftwaffe with French roundels painted over the Balkenkreuz.

Breguet Br.695  - 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The aircraft shown is that held in the collection at the PDRV People's Aviation Museum at Dadswell Bridge Field in Victoria.  It was restored as it appeared in Algeria in 1946 including offset roundels on the port wing which on the original aircraft were allegedly due to the ground crew having taken a hookah break before finishing the job.  It is photographed below next to the collection's Mexican Beaufighter to give some idea of relative size.

Breguet Br.695  - 24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model
Azur Breguet Br.695 built OOB.
Painted with Vallejo Acrylics.

Breguet Br.695  - 23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Very smart Fred, and a nice looking aircraft, one that I knew little about.  :thumbsup:

Love the concept of a 'hookah break'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That's come out really well mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Plus it's encouraged me to go rummaging amongst the kits of French aircraft in the stash  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

That's come out very nicely indeed. I appreciate parking it beside the Beaufighter to give a size comparison.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

That's looking good - nice to see a Breguet 69X in something different than the standard French grey/green/brown colors.  :thumbsup:

Reminds me that I have a Heller one in the stash (with a plan) that should be built some day...  :-\

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

That is a very nice looking little aeroplane, Fred! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

Fred

comrade harps

Whatever.

zenrat

Fred

Glenn Gilbertson

zenrat

Fred