Thatchweave Products

Started by Mossie, November 13, 2020, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Canadian based company selling something a little different, woven detailing sets.  Most of the sets are aimed at amphibious craft and AFVs, but there's cargo nets, tow ropes and even helicopter landing nets.
http://thachweave.tripod.com/index.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Interesting.  Very tempting.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

This definitely has potential.  Thank you, Mossie, for drawing it to our attention.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

I saw "Thatchweave" and thought "flipping 'eck I know I may be going a little thin on top, but I'm not that bad yet"  :angel: ;)

Seriously though folks ropes, nets and things like that can be one of the most difficult things to get looking right, especially in the smaller scales so could prove very useful for AFV modellers in particular  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Particularly thought of our armour modellers when I saw them.  The kind of things that'll make a good build look great.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scotaidh

For line I like to use lead-filled fishing line.  It's available in sizes up to 5/16"
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Mossie

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

Very, very interesting.
some tempting product there

Joe C-P

I wonder if they can scale down to 1/350 and 1/700?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jcf