Sd.Kfz 251 in Allied Service. Finished pics page 6.

Started by zenrat, November 01, 2020, 02:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Starting point.  This kit...
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...armed with stuff from these kits.  Note the Tamiya kit has the correct "crouching down with hands on ears" figure to accompany the mortar.   ;)
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 05 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Sd.Kfz 251 in British Service 06 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

You could even go a step further, using a Breda 20 mm gun on it. 2 captured items in the same build! ;D
British or south african troops did that in real life, on Marmon Herrington armoured cars etc
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on November 01, 2020, 03:21:54 AM
You could even go a step further, using a Breda 20 mm gun on it. 2 captured items in the same build! ;D
British or south african troops did that in real life, on Marmon Herrington armoured cars etc

I believe the LRDG and/or SAS used them on Chevrolet trucks.
But I don't have one of them and I do have the QF 2lber.  Which I bought originally intending to mount on a Universal Carrier until I discovered it wasn't a Whiff.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

buzzbomb

Ok, I am keen to see where this goes.

If somewhat baffled with the US figures on a British build ?
I am pretty sure that, knowing how you work with extensive mods, that they will end up looking just the ticket when it is all revealed

zenrat

I'll just change their heads for those with pommy helmets - et voila British soldiers.   ;D
That's if I put any in.  I dug out the Tamiya set mainly for the weapons.

The half track was originally a Zvezda kit, reboxed by Revell.  It has, IMO unnecessarily broken down parts.
Here is where I am at.  I have glued together about a million parts to get to this point.
Sd.Kfz 251 WIP 02-11-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

zenrat

Another thousand parts added.
Sd.Kfz 251 in Allied Service WIP 06-11-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And i've started putting the QF 2 pounder together.
Fred

NARSES2

Looking at the parts breakdown is why I'm put off getting any recently tooled 1/35 armour. I'd like to give some a try, but the thought of individual track links, possibly made from multiple parts, terrifies me and is beyond the capabilities of my eyesight and hand/eye co-ordination skills nowadays  :-\

I'm interested to see what the 2.pdr looks like as it's small even in this scale.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2020, 07:00:13 AM
Looking at the parts breakdown is why I'm put off getting any recently tooled 1/35 armour. I'd like to give some a try, but the thought of individual track links, possibly made from multiple parts, terrifies me and is beyond the capabilities of my eyesight and hand/eye co-ordination skills nowadays  :-\

I'm interested to see what the 2.pdr looks like as it's small even in this scale.

Luckily Tamiya is still using a rational approach to engineering and parts count, unlike
the Chinese, Ukrainian and Russian companies. AFV Club also seem to not have fallen
into the parts count arms race.

PR19_Kit

Even Revell do it, viz their Lancaster that I'm using for the S77. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Link and length tracks seem to be coming to the forefront and are better than individual links.
Although for whiffing individual links do give the most flexibility if one is modifying track layout or wheelbase etc.

I'll take a snap of the 2 pounder.  Parts breakdown is almost to the individual pieces of the prototypical weapon but it's very crisply moulded and is fitting well.

The US weapons set has a 50 cal and a water-cooled 30 as well as a US radio and tommy gun.  I also have the weapons from a Tamiya Bren Gun Carrier somewhere.  Some or all of these will be thrown into the mix.
Fred

zenrat

Specially for Kit, picture of the QF 2 pounder assembly.
QF 2 Pounder WIP 07-11-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

So, the kitmaker takes a QF 2pdr, breaks it down into its individual components, models each of them & puts them on a sprue for some poor modeller to piece together. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

More or less, yes.
Looking at the instructions up there I can't see why parts A1, A9, and A2 have to be three pieces.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Perhaps they're thinking you may want to model the breech in the open position?

But they don't mention it on the instruction sheet.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

An "Easter Egg" for an intrepid modeller to build...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.