The Captured G.B. - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 12, 2020, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right here's where to have any general discussion and chat etc.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Depending on the outcome of a  question I asked  in the rules  section, I  have  several  Soviet era  aircraft that  could  fit in with this group build.  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

AeroplaneDriver

Would aircraft impounded by neutral countries qualify for this?  I know in WW2 the Swiss 'acquired' a few aircraft that they put into service and so did Ireland.  Cold this theme be expanded on for this GB?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TomZ

Captured by a neutral country is also "captured". So yes, they would qualify.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

loupgarou

Are items different from the usual - boring - aircraft allowed?
For example, a Ferrari racing car captured by the dastardly mercedes thugs and rebadged by them?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Hobbes

Yes. If you have a backstory that explains the deadly conflict between Mercedes and Ferrari, go ahead. Trade wars, piracy are all fair game.

AeroplaneDriver

Will there be an "Inspiration" page for older builds?

kitbasher

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on October 12, 2020, 03:23:23 PM

And part builds too advanced for the GB!

The GB general discussion thread should be sufficient, I'd have thought?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kitbasher on October 12, 2020, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on October 12, 2020, 03:23:23 PM

And part builds too advanced for the GB!

The GB general discussion thread should be sufficient, I'd have thought?

Works for me...just noticed some GBs have a dedicated page for it. 

Hobbes

zenrat

Pirates.  I hadn't thought of that.  Obviously all pirate craft were captured from someone at some stage.
I feel a Sky Pirates build coming up.

Quote from: loupgarou on October 12, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
For example, a Ferrari racing car captured by the dastardly mercedes thugs and rebadged by them?

There are other non-violent options.  Military vehicles captured by the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, disarmed, and painted in psychedelic floral patterns for example.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2020, 03:40:57 AM
Pirates.  I hadn't thought of that.  Obviously all pirate craft were captured from someone at some stage.
I feel a Sky Pirates build coming up.

Quote from: loupgarou on October 12, 2020, 10:12:34 AM

There are other non-violent options.  Military vehicles captured by the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, disarmed, and painted in psychedelic floral patterns for example.

No, no, violence MUST be contemplated!  ;D
Quote from Hobbes: "the deadly conflict between Mercedes and Ferrari, go ahead. Trade wars, piracy are all fair game."

At least the pacifists must beat soldiers to death with spiny flowers, or cactus.  :wacko:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Not necessarily ? Possibly not anyway ? After all there's been lots of historical situations where one sides Buccaneer/Privateer was another's Pirate. Think I'm getting a little to obtuse ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 13, 2020, 06:22:51 AM

Not necessarily ? Possibly not anyway ? After all there's been lots of historical situations where one sides Buccaneer/Privateer was another's Pirate. Think I'm getting a little to obtuse ?

Not obtuse at all!  To England, Francis  Drake was a bold privateer, with Letters of Marque and Reprisal from Queen Elizabeth.  To Spain, he was a notorious pirate.  The boundaries between  privateer and pirate were nebulous..... and many vessels repeatedly transitioned from legal to illegal and back again on a regular basis.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

AeroplaneDriver

I like the idea of a Sci-Fi build as mentioned in the Inspiration thread.  That TIE Interceptor in my stash should look good in some Rebel colors...