What colour were 60lb rockets?

Started by rickshaw, October 10, 2020, 05:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

What colour were RAF 60lb rockets painted?   What were the launchers painted, the same as the underwing colour?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

I've always seen them as having Bronze Green bodies with an Olive Drab war head although it could be a very green shade of Olive Drab.

Not sure about the launch rails, but I've not seen Azure Blue or Sky ones (doesn't mean there weren't any) so I've assumed they were medium sea grey in the main.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Well that's a terrific find  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Definitely a keeper ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Thanks.  That is a great help.

Chris, so, dark grey for the launching rails? OK.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on October 10, 2020, 10:34:46 PM
Chris, so, dark grey for the launching rails? OK.

Undersides would have been MSG so that's what I tend to use for the rails and that is a relative light grey. Especially when compared to upper surface greys.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dogsbody

"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

zenrat

All rockets and missiles were painted white with red warheads when I was a youth...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2020, 04:03:28 AM
All rockets and missiles were painted white with red warheads when I was a youth...

Very true  ;D