WTD: 1/35 Aussie Bush Hats

Started by Howard of Effingham, October 02, 2020, 10:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

I need a couple of 1/35 Aussie style bush hats.

Can any one help?
Keeper of George the Cat.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I have the Hornet set from BNA Modelworld.  I used one here;

AAV WIP 09-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

In a roundabout way thanks.

Its now easier to search for them here as i will see if any trader in the UK has them.

If not, i will have to bite the bullet.

Old Wombat

The Firestorm items may be a bit difficult to find in the UK, as it's a small (one-man, I'm fairly sure) operation, but their stuff is pretty good.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Postage from here to there has improved but it is still not back to how it was.
Economy air mail to the UK has just been reintroduced which means you can once again get the cheapest (untracked) option.  Estimated times are however 30+ business days (so at least six weeks real time)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

By "bush hats" do you mean the post-war "giggle" or "boonie" hat or the Hat, Khaki, Fur felt or the "slouch hat"?

The first is hard to find.  You'd be better off making some out of putty and sticking it on the figure's head and cutting it to shape.  There aren't that many that are made correctly for the Australian version of the hat.   It was worn in various ways as well, in the field.  Often they used to "bash" the head so that it was inwards built and fitted the head better.

The second is more common but most are not that accurate either.   They have the brim folded up (usually only done on the Parade ground) or the brims are too narrow, so you need to careful.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rick Lowe

I'm not sure if you're still looking for these, but are these hats the sort of thing you're after?

https://icm.com.ua/en/figure/anzac-infantry/

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 15, 2021, 02:10:09 PM
I'm not sure if you're still looking for these, but are these hats the sort of thing you're after?

Thanks for the heads up. They will do and as Hannants stock them.......  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 21, 2021, 12:24:06 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 15, 2021, 02:10:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up. They will do and as Hannants stock them.......  :thumbsup:

All good, glad to help.  :thumbsup: