Did my first slam-dump forming today! yaay!

Started by 63cpe, September 29, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

First made moulds in resin of  two different style late WW2 junkers canopies (Ju-388) from vacuumformed kits. Then made copies in the resin moulds and succeeded! I'm trilled this really works.

Cheers,
David

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

63cpe

@Kit: what do you need? maybe I could help

@Sandiego will do soon.

Cheers,
David

PR19_Kit

I need a canopy for my 3-seater Gnat, and my attempts to carve a master in balsa proved totally woefull. OGL tried his very best but the finish was too rough really.

I was wondering if a styrene canopy, made from two normal Gnat canopies, would work as a master with your method?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: 63cpe on September 29, 2020, 02:29:47 PM
First made moulds in resin of  two different style late WW2 junkers canopies (Ju-388) from vacuumformed kits. Then made copies in the resin moulds and succeeded! I'm trilled this really works.

Cheers,
David

I would be very interested in those

GOndor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

SleeperService

Quote from: 63cpe on September 29, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Cheers,
David

Way to go David! That's something I need to try again as my last attempt wasn't too good.  :banghead: 5 sheets of A4 plastic ruined for nothing. At least I know it can be done now  :thumbsup: