1/72 Edgley Optica by Avis in box review

Started by 63cpe, September 29, 2020, 02:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

My stash grew again with four of these little buggers. All parts look nice and crispy detailed. All transparent are same, nice detailed and thin. Very transparent like vacuum formed but it's less flexible than vacuum formed transparencies.

IMG_20200923_212808296 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200923_212818224 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200923_212824359 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200923_212837258 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

So, there you have it. Just 3 sprues of goodness  <_< <_< <_<

I got plans...

Cheers,
David

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Nice, with that much glass area, glad they could make it so thin.  Now if other manufactures could take note.....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

Looks nice and I may have to have one, but I've got a bit of trepidation about that four piece transparency.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

QuoteLooks nice and I may have to have one, but I've got a bit of trepidation about that four piece transparency.

Ow, a little bit of white glue will solve that. Lots of time to correct and if not correct, rip it apart and start all over. No marks left...

Cheers,
David

JayBee

I have had it, only one!, on back order with the big H, since it was announced about two months ago.
I have loved this bug eyed beast since I first saw it, and then as an Air Traffic Controller at Edinburgh I had the occasion to "control" one doing demonstration flights at the Royal Highland show at Ingleston.
Not only was the RT in the aircraft &£&!  :o but the pilot did not understand the rules he was required to comply with.
I do rather like it though!!!!!!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!