UH100 Black Hawk Stealth

Started by ti, August 31, 2020, 02:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

First of all, I must say that the Italeri,
UH-60/MH-60 BLACK HAWK 'night raid' 1/48 scale kit, sucked big time. Maybe it was my bad luck but the fittings has one of the worst fittings I have ever experienced. Not only that, but the instructions was so bad.   Thank goodness, I was not trying to duplicate any particular prototyp model, which would have been a disaster. At the end, things were so misaligned that I just had to improvised, to hide certain areas. It helped, but only to an extend. So forgive me, if certain areas do not look that they have a perfect fitting. But, that was the best I could do. The engines rotate, for take off and flight mode.

Anyways, here is kit-bashed, modified, with a little scratch building involved, which resulted in this 'UH100 Black Hawk Stealth design. Hope you like the results, regardless of the difficulties I have had trying to put this build together.

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Wombat

If you had difficulties or fit issues you've hidden them too well for me to see! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I'm afraid I find Italeri can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to fit, even their more recent tooling's. Which is a shame as their transfer sheets tend to be brilliant.

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 31, 2020, 06:20:12 AM
If you had difficulties or fit issues you've hidden them too well for me to see! :bow: :bow:

Totally agree, looks tremendous.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ti

Thanks guys. glad you appreciate the end results.
Charles

Tophe

Quote from: ti on August 31, 2020, 02:52:58 AM
Hope you like the results,
I do like this model, congratulations! :thumbsup:
My favorite detail is the inverted V tail, perfect not to be burnt by the jet engines (in horizontal cruise) <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ti

Charles

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

ti

Charles

Rick Lowe

Nice - sort of looks like a transitional design between the Blackhawk and something Avatar-ish or Battlestar Galactica-ish

:thumbsup:

dwomby

Neatly done conversion and looks so plausible.

David

Nick

Brilliant looking model! A fleet of those in USMC camo over a beach....  :wub:

I'm being daft here but how do aircraft like the V-22 turn when in the hover? Other helicopters have the tail rotor to push or pull.

PR19_Kit

AFAIK they change the pitch of the opposing rotors, like a helicopter's cyclic pitch, so one rotor pulls forward and one pushes backward, and round it goes. In extreme cases they can tilt the nacelles a little too, but that can result in strange pitch movements as well.

There was an interesting article about that prop-rotor system in Aeroplane Magazine when the XV-15 was testing the concept, years ago now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..