Supermarine Type 545 "Swift II"

Started by Knightflyer, August 25, 2020, 03:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Well no major chopping and changing to occur with this one, so this will be my humble entry to the GB

It's one of the Anigrand additional 1/144 scale kits included with the main model.

Construction is simple, the only addition item so far is to use one of the casting blocks to make a divider between the two main undercarriage bays.

As for the colour scheme. My thoughts are turning to something based on the Supermarine S.6B (blue fuselage, silver wings) for display at the appropriate Farnborough Airshow

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

A cracking looking aeroplane. And that looks an excellent kit too.

It'll be interesting to compare it with The Wooksta's 1/72 scale version when they're both finished.

I touched the real thing once, when it was at Cranfield, but they scrapped it later on. Vandals!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2020, 04:55:24 AM
I touched the real thing once, when it was at Cranfield, but they scrapped it later on. Vandals!
Ive touched the canopy.    Its the only known bit to survive. Its currently in store at MAM.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on August 25, 2020, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2020, 04:55:24 AM

Ive touched the canopy.    Its the only known bit to survive. Its currently in store at MAM.

Oooh, is it? I thought they'd scrapped it.

That is good news, it's a very interesting aircraft, and not very much like a Swift at all, although people think it is.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Well I had issues with Photobucket over the past fews days (now hopefully sorted!) so the project progressed faster than I was able to put the photos on here

But anyway - part way through the build (day three of seven)

Further along (day four of seven) I wasn't doing a great deal on this each day!

and then, aftter a slight issue with the canopy, but none with the supplied decals .... the finished build (although this was almost the equivalent of a 'snap-kit')

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Canopy doesn't look right - too long and squashed.  Should look more like an F86 canopy.  And Anigrand definitely got the u/c bays wrong.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 01, 2020, 06:26:50 AM
Canopy doesn't look right - too long and squashed.  Should look more like an F86 canopy.  And Anigrand definitely got the u/c bays wrong.

Well they made changes after the first few flights due to vibration at the rear of the canopy, and simplified the undercarriage bay to make it easier for modellers in the future!  ;D

The Wooksta!

Not according to my Type 545 Swiftsure F.1...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

But this is Whiffworld...................... ;D

All versions are possible, even the ones with longer wings.  ;)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 01, 2020, 09:32:35 AM

All versions are possible, even the ones with longer wings.  ;)

Reworking aircraft to have longer wings Kit ? .....Nah! It'll never catch on  ;D