More Lockdown WIP

Started by The Wooksta!, August 23, 2020, 08:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Couple more of my works in progress begun during lockdown.

Bristol Beaufighter TF.10

Bristol Buccaneer first prototype.
Halfway house between Beaufighter and Brigand.  Hallamvac Brigand fuselage with everything else from the Airfix Beaufighter and a scratchbodged/mastered resin fin.  That needs some tweaking on the leading edge for the correct profile.

Firebrand Tr.6
Two shots of a speculative trainer version.

And this is something I finished a while back, although this is the naked shot, Spitfire Tr.21.  Showing just how much resin and filler went into a Frog/Novo Spitfire 14 to do a late trainer version

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

:thumbsup:

Are they Brigand fins/rudders on the Beau TF.10 (they look it) or something else?

The Buccaneer fin - yes I agree about the need for shape refinement.  Use a Beaufiighter fin leading edge as a template?  Mind you, that would depart from the plan you're working to.

The Firebrand.  Well, initially a big 'whaaaat' over fin, then I realised it was masking tape!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

They are Brigand fins on the twin Beau, as I guessed that it would still need more surface area to sort out that vile swing.

Buccaneer - it's a bigger fin than a Beaufighter one. You'd need to reread the relevant blog posts.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Tophe

I like the double tandem canopy, so I say "thank you" to the lockdown deciders in your country (sorry) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Airkit wings on the Spitfire?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

No, my resin copies of the Ventura 22 wing - that mould's still giving me usable casts ten years on.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2020, 09:00:51 AM
They are Brigand fins on the twin Beau, as I guessed that it would still need more surface area to sort out that vile swing.

Ta Lee.  You've solved a problem for me - the answer has been staring me in the face all the time!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Just shout if you need them for your Bristol deelie.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: