1/35 Tamiya T-62

Started by The Chaos, July 20, 2020, 05:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Hello finisched, last days, have fun.

scooter

A well and truly smacked gob.  I take it this particular tank was a gate guard or memorial that has since been taken to become a street artist canvas?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

That's ONE excellent paint job!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on July 20, 2020, 05:26:06 AM
A well and truly smacked gob.

As is mine  :o That is an absolutely brilliant finish  :bow: :bow:

Quote from: scooter on July 20, 2020, 05:26:06 AM
I take it this particular tank was a gate guard or memorial that has since been taken to become a street artist canvas?

I suppose it could have broken down and abandoned during an abortive attempt to quell a revolt and has since been taken over by the local graffiti artists ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Good work Chaos.

This photo was taken in an Iraqi boneyard after Gulf War 2.  The graffiti, done by US troops is much less artistic than on your build.
DSCF0067_zpsgcwnewdg by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 21, 2020, 04:01:57 AM

The graffiti, done by US troops is much less artistic than on your build.

They obviously only had a black spray can.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Unless the guy in/behind ? the turret is a well over 6 foot then it makes you realise how squat the T-62 is
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

I thought I'd commented last night? :unsure:

But, probably, didn't, as there was a minor medical emergency last night with my eldest daughter (she's fine, so no concerns ... now).

Absolutely excellent build & finish, Chaos! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 21, 2020, 06:05:11 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 21, 2020, 04:01:57 AM

The graffiti, done by US troops is much less artistic than on your build.

They obviously only had a black spray can.  ;D

If you were lucky, you might have been able to get a can or two of Sand from the QM.

Been there, done that, was almost as hard as getting CR123A 3v lithium batteries from the gov't credit card store run by a well known oilfield logistics company at Balad AB/LSA Anaconda.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Fantastic, brilliant work.  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Bizzarely, this is straight out of a dream I had. :o. There had been an invasion where I live that had been repelled, there were knocked out tanks in the fields that had been grafittid.  Forgot all about it until you posted this.  :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Absolutely marvellous Mr chaos  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

buzzbomb

Great work. The finish is excellent