Plusmodel

Started by Mossie, July 03, 2020, 02:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Plusmodel have released two injection moulded versions of the Ryan Firebee, a KDA-1 and BQM-34.  The BQM-34 comes in two boxings, with or without a loading trolley.

You get two models in the box, along with several pylons for different aircraft.

https://www.plusmodel.cz/en/KDA-1-Firebee

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067226-172-ryan-kda-1bqm-34-firebee-by-plus-model-released/

I can think of all sorts of things you could whiff with a Firebee.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

What a fascinating looking device, or devices.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2020, 05:04:33 AM

Would there be enough room to squeeze a pilot into one?

They're 21 ft long, 12 ft span and 7 ft high, so I reckon he'd need to be a VERY small pilot.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I'll hold out hope for a 48th or 35th version then and scalorama it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2020, 05:53:52 AM
I'll hold out hope for a 48th or 35th version then and scalorama it.

Or use a 1/144 pilot figure ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Mossie on July 03, 2020, 02:20:59 AM

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067226-172-ryan-kda-1bqm-34-firebee-by-plus-model-released/

Miserable bunch over there aren't they.

Yes.  The Mods have clamped down on any dissent or real humour, what if's have their own sub forum - ostensibly and claimed by Mike to showcase them but in my eyes it's just a f*cking ghetto to keep them away from the serious builds, so the purists don't get too upset.  I ignore that forum and post anything - rare these days - into the normal aircraft forums.  Sorry mate, I haven't pushed and promoted this side of the hobby for 25 years to be shoved into a ghetto as it's now being widely accepted by the mainstream.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

The BQM-34 might work as a small 1/72 turboprop with a boom, the KDA-1 as a turbojet.

I've also thought before that the KDA-1 looks like the engineering hull of a Starfleet ship...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 03, 2020, 06:38:28 AM

Yes.  The Mods have clamped down on any dissent or real humour, what if's have their own sub forum - ostensibly and claimed by Mike to showcase them but in my eyes it's just a f*cking ghetto to keep them away from the serious builds, so the purists don't get too upset.  I ignore that forum and post anything - rare these days - into the normal aircraft forums.  Sorry mate, I haven't pushed and promoted this side of the hobby for 25 years to be shoved into a ghetto as it's now being widely accepted by the mainstream.

I thought that when I posted it, the default response for several members is to complain, even if there's nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

Leading Observer

I love the Canadian Lancaster and Drone combo :wub:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2020, 05:22:02 AM

Would there be enough room to squeeze a pilot into one?

They're 21 ft long, 12 ft span and 7 ft high, so I reckon he'd need to be a VERY small pilot.  :o

A pilot isn't totally impossible. They did manage to squeeze a pilot into the GAF Jindivik (the Pika variant)

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on July 03, 2020, 08:01:35 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 03, 2020, 06:38:28 AM

I thought that when I posted it, the default response for several members is to complain, even if there's nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

One model car forum I could name is full of people like that.  When a new mould is released all they can do is pick it to pieces.  Despite the fact they have been clamouring for more new subjects.  Nothing is ever good enough for them (except maybe a good thrashing).

A pair, or four, Firebees might make interesting underwing nacelles for a larger whiff.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2020, 07:09:22 PM

A pair, or four, Firebees might make interesting underwing nacelles for a larger whiff.

Or ten of them under a B-36?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Well this looks a natural for a 'sky pirates' what-if:

Martin T4M torpedo bomber on floats: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PMAL7072?result-token=DQBr3

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on June 08, 2022, 10:06:45 AM
Well this looks a natural for a 'sky pirates' what-if:

Martin T4M torpedo bomber on floats: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PMAL7072?result-token=DQBr3

Seems to me to be a lot of aircraft to have one engine.  But it does look good.
Fred