Airbus Helicopters H145M, Belgian Air Force

Started by Spey_Phantom, June 25, 2020, 08:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

today, i started on a side project, this might not be a What If for long, as yesterday the Belgian Air Force announced that they might order 10 to 15 of these helicopters to replace the 4 NH90-TTH's and the last remaining Agusta A109BAi's.

the kit im using is a Revell 1/72 Eurocopter EC145 "Police" kit (wich comes with high landing-skids, cable cutters,...), the tailboom with fenestron rotor has been sourced from a EC135 kit, wich only needs a small bit of sanding fit just right.

as for decals, i will be using the Agusta A109 sheet from DACO Decals.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

Quote from: Nils on June 25, 2020, 08:01:25 AM
this might not be a What If for long, as yesterday the Belgian Air Force announced that they might order 10 to 15 of these helicopters
If you want to stay what If for sure, maybe you could change the shape, no? :unsure:
The more simple may be to replace the rear windows by a cargo compartment but more ambitious could be considered... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Neat project.  :thumbsup:
Is it going to get some TOW missiles?  :mellow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Spey_Phantom

After a couple of months gathering dust, i made some progress on this build.
last week i painted the parts for the interior, today, the have all been put together and the fuselage halves have been joined.

its going good and fast now, now i just need to add some military modifications.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Knightflyer

Hi Nils

Just checking in with you because I am intending to make a H145 Jupiter T.1 trainer for the RAF.

I think the EC135 tailboom and fenestron is a different shape from the H145 ?

Doesn't matter if it is a whiff of course, but just wanted to check if you agree?

Kevin
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Spey_Phantom

ive had the same thought, but the difference is only minor.
althought the tail of the 145 is a bit longer and slimmer then the one on the H135 (Juno T.1), you can hardly see the difference.
as for the shape, it was just a matter of leaving off some fins.

im hoping Revell will retool its EC145 kit with the new tail in the near future.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Knightflyer

I think Air Graphics are supposedly doing a conversion set to support the decal set they've produced for the Juno and Jupiter
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Spey_Phantom

more progress on the h145M, all the kits bits and bobs are on, just need to fit the missile warning recievers.
also started masking off the windows, should start airbrushing this weekend.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I don't usually like the look of modern choppers but I am finding this one quite attractive.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

Update:

the final paintworks are done, decals have been applied and this morning the whole thing was coated in clear.
but then, came the dreaded grey/white stains  :angry:
everytime i spray clear on a dark matt surface, i get that problem.
i turned up the heat in the mancave and gave it another coat of clear.

if that doesnt work, im going to try a coat of thinned acryllic matt varnish.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.