Modern U.S. Navy Vallejo paint equivalents?

Started by seadude, June 20, 2020, 07:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I'm going to start work soon on a TAMIYA 1/350 modern what if New Jersey battleship model.
I'm switching over to Vallejo Model Air Color paints to use since Testors is all being discontinued.
What might be Vallejo Model Air Color equivalents for the following:
1. Battleship wood decking?
2. Other non-wood deck areas?
3. Fantail helipad area?
4. Gray color for all the guns, superstructure, smokestacks, etc., etc.?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

I have a very usefull app on my phone called Hobby Color Converter.  If you know the proper names of the colours you are after (or their name when made by another manufacturer) it should be able to help you.

For example, it lists Vallejo Model Air Sand Yellow Matt as being an indirect equivalent (ie. close but not exact match) to Tamiya Wooden Deck Tan.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Where and how did you find that please Fred?

My phone can't see it, but then it can't see much with me driving it.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I found it in the Google Play store.  I have an Android phone.  It might not be available for iPhones.

It's made by 27Pulgadas Androidesign if that helps.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that.

Mine is an Android phone too, and I think it looked in Google Play Store for it, but I know as much about mobile phones as I do about horticulture..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.