More drop tanks....

Started by PR19_Kit, June 06, 2020, 01:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I'm working on a plan which uses an Airfix/Heller Javelin T3 as a starting point, but although the box art shows the aircraft carrying those two 'Sabrina' drop tanks under the belly, they're not included in the kit.  :banghead:

I know the old FROG FAW9 had them but I'm 120 miles away from the two 9s that I've got at home, so does anyone have a pair of such tanks from any source kit that I could scrounge/buy/swap please?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Could a Tornado Hindenburger tank be used instead?  Not that I have any, just throwing out a suggestion.

Might have a mould somewhere...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I don't think so Lee, it'd have to be sawn in half horizontally and then filed to fit the curved underside of the Javelin.

They did like those 'clamped to the belly' tanks in the 50s, didn't they? The Meteor, Javelin, Attacker, Swift and Lansen all had them like that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I meant injection ones which tend to come in two halves anyway.  IIRC the mould I think I have has them in two halves anyhoo.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Ive got a bagged Frogspawn Flat iron in the loft thats only just about fit for spares parts.

I'll dig it out and make sure I have it with me when u drop by the gate house as per our conversation off forum.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on June 06, 2020, 10:53:01 PM

I'll dig it out and make sure I have it with me when u drop by the gate house as per our conversation off forum.

Clandestine meetings ? You'll have M.I.5 watching you if your not careful  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2020, 05:34:06 AM

They already are anyway, so why change the habit of a lifetime?  ;D

Regards
Kit

perttime

I know where there's some tanks. (No, not the Finnish Air Force Museum. This place isn't expected to open this year)

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 07, 2020, 05:47:16 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2020, 05:34:06 AM

I used to walk past MI 5's offices every day on my way home from the office, they were next door to us (MI 6 was over the river from us) and often wondered about the blacked out transit vans you saw disappearing down the slipway to their basement occasionally ? Probably delivering the takeaways  :angel:

They already are anyway, so why change the habit of a lifetime?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 06, 2020, 03:15:33 PM
Could a Tornado Hindenburger tank be used instead?  Not that I have any, just throwing out a suggestion.

Might have a mould somewhere...

Maybe as a whiff, but Javelin tanks are quite squared off in section with almost flat sides. Hindenburgers are circular in section.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

If you are  stuck  Kit, I  have some  you can  have.  Just  let me know via P.M ok.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

It looks like OGL will be able to come up with a pair at present, thanks very much everyone.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on June 07, 2020, 05:50:30 AM
I know where there's some tanks. (No, not the Finnish Air Force Museum. This place isn't expected to open this year)

Those look like MiG21 tanks to me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2020, 04:42:14 AM
Quote from: perttime on June 07, 2020, 05:50:30 AM

Those look like MiG21 tanks to me.
That is what I think too.
That place is small but has a few rarities in it. Sadly, the lack of funds shows.