What to do with the 1/72 Contrail Blackburn Beverley kit?

Started by McColm, June 01, 2020, 09:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi Guys,  I have managed to buy the 1/72 Contrail Blackburn Beverley from Ebay for around the same price as the ones advertised on the Sanger website. Which also includes postage and packing.  These usually go for silly prices.
If the photos are to be believed then apart from the cockpit glazing and propellers the rest of the kit is intact.
If not then it's a kitbash, or creating one of the proposed variants .
Any thoughts  :banghead:

McColm

A parcel just arrived containing the Contrail Blackburn Beverley kit.  There's some damage on the lower boom on both fuselage halves,  no cockpit glazing although wheels are supplied in vacform these will be replaced. I'm thinking of replacing the engines as well.

Rheged

Why not cause much confusion and build it absolutely straight?  Nestled amongst a collection of sundry whiffery, it could serve an important role in our work of  JMN boggling.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on June 03, 2020, 08:35:51 AM

Nestled amongst a collection of sundry whiffery, it could serve an important role in our work of  JMN boggling.

There's NO way a 1/72 Beverley could 'nestle' anywhere, unless it was parked amongst a bunch of An-124s and C-5s!  :o

It'd TOWER over most of our SIG displays! 
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."