Me.1099P 1/72 Revell

Started by wacek85, May 23, 2020, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

I just had to have this arsenal plane :) I wonder if it would have a chance to fly with all these guns. AFAIK Jumo 004 wasn't good engine with it's short lifetime (I remeber that it had to be overhauled after 8h of running or sth like that).
It's an 1996 Revell kit painted with AK Real Color range, weathered with Ammo Mig, Tamiya and AK washes, pigments and fluids.
Very nice little fighter with great fit, unusual for Revell.
It's a pity that there is no larger model of this one - I just love shape of it :)

chrisonord

Very nice, I nearly bought one of these a while back, but bought its near toothless  sister  version  instead.  They are certainly a strange thing, in a good way. Its a good job  it didn't get in to the war thats for sure
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

wacek85

Quote from: chrisonord on May 23, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
Very nice, I nearly bought one of these a while back, but bought its near toothless  sister  version  instead.  They are certainly a strange thing, in a good way. Its a good job  it didn't get in to the war thats for sure
Chris

Thank you :) There are a lot of Wunderwaffes that look good on paper (or as a model) and good that they were on paper only :)

Spey_Phantom

very nice build, i have 2 ofd these and found trat revell make a mistake.
on the original blueprints, the engine housings were place more back, also it was to be powered by 2 Heinkel HeS011's.

the 1099b, with its heavy armour and Jumo 004 engines, always looks a bit underpowered to me.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Lovely finish.  No such thing as too much firepower. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got this kit and I agree, I've always felt the wings were too small and the powerplant too weedy for a flying battleship.

Always seemed to have a Soviet vibe to me, I've thought about bashing it into sturmovik but never worked out how to go about it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Good job Wacek.

I too have one of these.  I was pondering if 1/48 Me 262 wings would be a better size?  Not sure what to use for engines though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Great model! :thumbsup:
And the perfection of panel details makes me think the scale is 1/24. Impossible to be so much good at 1/72... :unsure: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Lovely finish sir  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I to have a couple in the stash but have always been put off a bit when I've looked at that undersized wing.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.