Lockheed KC-141 Starfueler

Started by The Rat, May 18, 2020, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

The Dragon 1/200th one has been dragged out after a long time in the drawer. The bits from the Hasegawa 1/200th KC-10A will be used, boom has already been assembled. The decals will be the difficult part here, I hate doing looooong fuselage stripes. Might just mask and paint if I can get the right colour.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Sounds a very good idea, and I bet it'll look good when it's done.

It reminds me that my 1/72 Nova C-141B is sitting on my bed at home, a long way away at the moment, but.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 19, 2020, 05:09:52 AM

It reminds me that my 1/72 Nova C-141B is sitting on my bed at home, a long way away at the moment, but.................

I prefer to stick to the classical shape for inflatable dolls... :rolleyes:  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

Looking forward to this. Centerline boom or offset a bit to clear the ramp area? 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on May 19, 2020, 05:51:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 19, 2020, 05:09:52 AM

I prefer to stick to the classical shape for inflatable dolls... :rolleyes:  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was the only space in the room large enough to take the MASSIVE box that the Nova kit comes in.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: sandiego89 on May 19, 2020, 06:58:56 AM
Looking forward to this. Centerline boom or offset a bit to clear the ramp area?

Too much fiddling. Ramp has been puttied up, maybe I'll write something into the back story.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

PR19_Kit

Duct tape across the ramp doors, that'll do it.  :thumbsup: ;D

Regards
Kit

McColm

I always wanted to build a AWACS version after seeing a proposal for the C-133.

Captain Canada

Nice ! Long lightning stripe I presume  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat