Lockheed Martin F-16W - FINISHED - PAG.13

Started by DogfighterZen, May 17, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

So, i'm going to build my 3rd twin tail Viper! :party:
This time it's another single seat variant and i'll be using a 1/72 Hasegawa kit again, the F-16E Block 60 kit has lots of goodies that i wanna use on this one and they'll make it look fairly different from the first single seat variant.

This is what i've got done so far...

Extension of the wings begins...

Then i found some weird shaped sprues in the sprue box(yes, i keep most of my built kits' sprues in a box for this type of use) and made new fin bases for the Viper's fins. On the first F-16W, i did something similar but looking back at it, i think those came out too tall so i've reduced their height for this variant.

Then, the awesome Hasegawa cockpits... :banghead: did some work on the pit by adding the throttle on the left side instrument panel, sensors on the sides of the headrest, the oxygen bottle on the left side of the seat and a tiny bit of strip styrene on the left side to represent a cable or hose that can be seen on the real thing.

Also gave the pilot a new JHMCS helmet...

Painted the pilot and glued him to his seat, closed up the fuselage, glued the resin DSI bump on and got started on the 2D TVC nozzle, which was from a Revell 1/72 F-22 Raptor...

The space between the nozzle and fuselage was closed up with some evergreen strip styrene bits and now it's waiting to be shaped properly.

And so, that's all for now, folks. Let's see if i can get this one finished in less than 2 years... ;D :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Looks awesome, I'll be watching this!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kerick on May 17, 2020, 07:54:27 PM
Looks awesome, I'll be watching this!

Thanks for the company, mate!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 18, 2020, 12:07:21 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 17, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Extension of the wings begins...

Always a good way to start.  ;D ;D

Although this time the extension isn't as big as on the first one... but i knew you'd like it!  ;D ;D :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 17, 2020, 05:13:20 PM
So, i'm going to build my 3rd twin tail Viper! :party:
This time it's another single seat variant and i'll be using a 1/72 Hasegawa kit again, the F-16E Block 60 kit has lots of goodies that i wanna use on this one and they'll make it look fairly different from the first single seat variant.
I have loved a previous F-16W, featured on my site of what-if F-16s: http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/f16ofil.htm
I am ready to clap my hands again. ;) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

:thumbsup:
Good page for the Viper, Tophe! Let's see if i can make this one look as good as the first one.

:cheers:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

flappydaffy

looking neat, more please!  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

So, almost 2 years later...  :o :banghead:
This build has been stalled for way too long and this year i finally decided to get it back on the bench to see if i can finish it.
One of my 2022 modelling goals is to, at least, finish the 3 builds i've got on the bench and this one is the oldest.
Some progress has been made in the past couple of months and it's time to get this show back on the road...

Progress includes the finishing of the wing and stabilator enlargement, which was a bit of a chore to have the add-ons properly blended into the original kit parts so that was a PITA PSR job.
After that was done, it was time to attach the stabs and blend them into the F-16's airbrakes to achieve something like the F-35 has and this is where work was stalled again a couple of weeks ago...

As you can see in the pic, there's still quite a bit of PSR work to be done... tomorrow is the 18th and if i'm to finish this one before the 2 year mark, i'll have 3 months to do it... Not sure if i'm able to but i will try...

:cheers:

Wardukw

Bout bloody time Zen mate  :lol:
I'm not and can not give ya any crap on finishing a model bud..been there too.
My problem is I'll start a project and half way thru it I'll get another idea ..hell ive kinda already doing it now with my heli carrier truck thingy and ive had very nasty thoughts about 2 aircraft i have and turning thrm into one.ish  :wacko:
And ive got new ideas about this FA18 ive got too..man this could become an issue  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 17, 2022, 09:48:40 PM
Bout bloody time Zen mate  :lol:
I'm not and can not give ya any crap on finishing a model bud..been there too.
My problem is I'll start a project and half way thru it I'll get another idea ..hell ive kinda already doing it now with my heli carrier truck thingy and ive had very nasty thoughts about 2 aircraft i have and turning thrm into one.ish  :wacko:
And ive got new ideas about this FA18 ive got too..man this could become an issue  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
I think most of us on here are like that... but i have to give myself crap before anyone else does cause my output has been very low in the past couple of years... In 2021 i finished one model... ONE!!!!  :o :banghead: :banghead:
I want to get stuff done but i've also been working on my old band's unfinished songs but composing and editing drums, finishing lyrics and melody lines, adding new synths, etc. has been taking up most of the spare time... the band is dead and buried but both guitar players want to finish the songs and i agreed to it because i want to be able to listen to them knowing they're the finished product with a proper recording instead of just listening to a work draft. It's just a couple of songs and most of the boring editing stuff is done so i'll soon have them ready for a final recording session.  :mellow:
That means it's time to get off my duff and build stuff again instead of just buying and buying...  :rolleyes: ;D

Wardukw

Oh i bet sound editing..song writing takes up a heap of time and ill bet at least 50cents it dont leave much time for anything but one model??? One??
My god man that's terrible  :lol:
It's not like i can speck really..ok yes ive built many more than one but lately ive only been working on models only on the weekends..been to damn hot here and helping around the camp takes what energy i have left..its getting cooler here now so ill be getting better alot faster..the colder it gets the better i feel and sleeping is getting so much better  :thumbsup:
Just looking at one of my shelves and i see  12 built but unpainted normal models and 5 wiffys which still aint finished yet..still thinking what mods i want to do to them to make them better..I'll get there at some point  :lol:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Yup, music is something that can consume all your spare time but i can't blame my laziness on it. I rarely opened the DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) last year so that's no excuse.
I have been lazy, period! :banghead: :banghead:
But indeed, you can't speak too much... 17 unfinished... :o Time to get back to work, mister!! ;D

Wardukw

Oh i was working one the chopper part of this model ..the cockpit and cargo area..ive got to paint it today so i can stuff the fuselage sides together..i was on a break  ;D
My taste in music is lets say quite heavy compared to other flokes but the time it can take for the groups to bring out a new albums can be 2 yrs..so yup well with ya on the time side of things .
Oh there is a good reason why alot of my models aint painted and ive done it this way for many years..i never know what colours i want them to be and if im gonna tear one to bits for parts or wiffy it ..much better when its not painted  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Heavy, you say? Well, my band's music isn't heavy but i grew up listening to a bit of everything and come out preferring heavier music mainly because my brother is a metal head... When i started riding bmx bikes i was introduced to lots of Punk rock and some hardcore bands.
When it comes to metal, Pantera, is one of my all time favorites, but there are so many good bands...
Fear Factory was one i used to listen to a lot, especially the album "Demanufacture". And from the turn of the century, all i can say is that, IMHO, Slipknot brought metal back to life...
But no matter what, Faith No More will always be my favorite, above all others. :mellow: