Fokker D-XXIw done! Pics at end page 1

Started by 63cpe, May 10, 2020, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Although not planned I was kinda inspired by Loupgarou's Koolhoven-Peperkamp.

As Dutchy never building anything Dutch I though:  Let's go for one of Fokker's last fighter and make it a seaplane. So found myself a cheap PM Model Fokker D-21 and put some Arado -Ar196 floats beneath it. Conversion was straightforward although the aftstruts for the floats broke several times. :banghead:

Nevertheless almost finished, just some small touch-ups and the Dutch Doritos go on...

IMG_20200510_223720131 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20200510_223729229 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20200510_223737792 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20200510_223747527 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

loupgarou

Very good idea and build!
Should inspire others as there must be lots of undercarriage-less D-XXI, the universal-spat-source.  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

AndrewF

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Scotaidh

Looks very natural.   :thumbsup:

For some reason I want to see that in Danish livery ... Little Mermaid squadron, perhaps?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Cool.
:thumbsup:
It looks a natural on floats.
I've got the Matchbox boxing which according to Scalemates is the same (formerly Pioneer 2) mould.
This has got me thinking what it would look like with a single float.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2020, 03:14:46 AM
Cool.
:thumbsup:
It looks a natural on floats.
I've got the Matchbox boxing which according to Scalemates is the same (formerly Pioneer 2) mould.
This has got me thinking what it would look like with a single float.

The Arado 196 floats are quite big, one should be enough for a small aircraft like the D-XXI.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Scotaidh on May 11, 2020, 02:43:58 AM
Looks very natural.   :thumbsup:

For some reason I want to see that in Danish livery ...

Same here! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

Welp, I'm inspired! My wife accidentally destroyed the landing gear of my D.XXI, now to find USN floats....
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

I've a soft spot for the D-XXI so I obviously like this one  ;D Be ideal for use in the Netherlands East Indies I would have thought.

I have a couple of Special Hobby ones left in the stash (it's a nice kit  :thumbsup:) and a PM Spitfire float plane, so ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

"I have a couple of Special Hobby ones left in the stash (it's a nice kit  :thumbsup:) and a PM Spitfire float plane, so ?  ;)"

The D XXI's in the west indies had some different floats more like the British had on the Spitfires :-)

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

63cpe

Aaaaaand it's done!

IMG_7085 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7084 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7081 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7079 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7078 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7076 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_7075 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Hope you like it!