Antonov An-2 Colt (CC-102 Halifax II), RCAF Rescue

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 01, 2020, 02:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this idea came to me last night while browsing through the stash. i found a revell 1/72 Antonov An-2 with no idea what to do with it. then i came across a revell DHC-6 Twin Otter with RCAF rescue decals and it got me thinking how good the An-2 would look in yellow with those markings. so said, i have decided to start on this one, using newly sharpened techniques and airbrush skills.

im now trying to make a profile of how it will come to look, progress pîcs will be posted soon.

now to figure out what to do with that Twin Otter  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

That sounds very good.  :thumbsup:

I did a Provost on floats in CAF rescue markings, and that worked well. Curious to see an An-2 in this guise!  :lol:

Tophe

Will you change the An-2 shape or only the colours/markings? :unsure: <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

You don't see many AN-2 wiffs that's  for for sure.  I did one  a few years  back, but removed  its lower wings  put a different  engine and propeller on it and floats. It is bright orange  with Canadian decals  and pollution control  decals on it. It's  under about an inch of dust on my shelf.  ;D
Looking forward to seeing this one.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

here's what i have planned, nothing fancy, just crossing the An-2 kit with the decals of the Twin Otter  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

That looks Bob on that  Nils, looking forward to seeing this  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

comrade harps

Whatever.

Cobra

Nils,this Looks Cool & Interesting. as for the Twin Otter,how about making it into a NATO ASR bird? if You have Any Questions,Please shoot me a Note,OK? Dan