This Weeks Build: RW RNZAF Corsair

Started by AeroplaneDriver, April 22, 2020, 11:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Here is this week's build...this one took four days total, mostly afternoons and a little evening time. 

Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D in RNZAF markings from Eagle Strike, Guadalcanal May 1945.  I went a tad heavier than usual on the weathering and tried a few new techniques since the pics I found of this and other RNZAF aircraft around the same time showed them fairly dirty and hard-worked. 

Fun build. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Four days? Oh, good grief! Why do I bother? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Beautiful job, mate! Excellent! :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 23, 2020, 12:48:03 AM

My thoughts exactly  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 23, 2020, 06:37:00 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 23, 2020, 12:48:03 AM

My thoughts exactly  ;)

Gentlemen,
In my sadly distant youth, I could 'complete' a model in a day - if by 'complete' you consider no paint, parts torn from sprues, and no PSR to be 'complete'.  The only "tool" used would be my pocket knife, as well as the entire tube of glue. 

My father, a man whose wisdom increases with my age, advised me to slow down and enjoy the process.  I took his advice, discovered the existence of paint & putty and how to use them.  So, my build times increased from a few hours to a few days, and, when I got tired of thumbprints in the paint, to a few weeks.

Mr. Airplanedriver, sir, my hat is off to you for the quality of your build - I can't do as well in a month of my best days.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

It's very good.
But how do you build it AND paint it in four days?
What paints do you use?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2020, 04:10:17 AM
It's very good.
What paints do you use?

I use Tamiya White Primer then either Vallejo or Hataka acrylics airbrushed.  This build it Vallejo Insignia White and Hataka blues for their Late War USN set. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 24, 2020, 05:05:24 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2020, 04:10:17 AM
It's very good.
What paints do you use?

I use Tamiya White Primer then either Vallejo or Hataka acrylics airbrushed.  This build it Vallejo Insignia White and Hataka blues for their Late War USN set. 

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on April 24, 2020, 04:05:17 AM
  The only "tool" used would be my pocket knife, as well as the entire tube of glue. 

Very sophisticated, I just used to snap the parts off  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.