Perry Rhodan - Kaulquappe KC-11, Oktober 2400

Started by nönöbär, April 19, 2020, 03:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

Perry Rhodan - Kaulquappe KC-11, Oktober 2400

In the Perry Rhodan series, the classic spaceship used by humans in this series is a globe with a torus around its equator to house the engines.
Those "Kugelraumer" were produced from "small" 60 meter ones - which also were used as tenders on bigger spaceships - up to the classic ultra-battleship with a diameter of 2500 meters.

The ship:

This a a typical Kaulquappe, a small 60 meter ship which is often used as a tender on larger fleet units. With its crew of minimum of 15 member, the ship is able to operate with a FTL drive and has a maximum acceleration of 600km/s^2.

This particular ship is the KC-11, a tender of the fleet flagship "Crest II", is shown in its state of October 2400 there it was operating in the hollow world "Horror".

The model:

This was my first attempt to complete design and print a spaceship with all its interior in it. In the Perry Rhodan series, a cut-away drawing of a spaceship is printed every four weeks. The first one was published in issue 192 in 1965 - and it was a Kaulquappe. So this is definitely a 1960s SciFi design and i tried to rebuild the cut-away drawing in 3D and print it.
The original drawing can be seen here: http://www.rz-journal.de/Downl/0192.html

Design was made with Tinkercad (which is not really suited for this task) and the pint was made with an Anycubic Mega FDM printer. The model was printed deck by deck and then glued together for easier painting.
Total print time was about 3 days - not counting the numerous test prints I made.

Scale of the model is 1:500 - 12 cm in diameter, but on a resin printer, it can be printed as small as 2cm without loosing any details.

The model was painted with Revell Aqua Color and a few parts of the spare part box were sued. The crew consists of PE US carrier deck crew.

Unfortunately, I did not get the permission to release the .stl files for printing by the publishers of Perry Rhodan as I had planned originally.

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 19, 2020, 06:36:01 AM

That sir is a tremendous piece of work  :bow:

Understatement of the year.  :thumbsup:

Truly amazing.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nönöbär

This one was definitly something speical to build as it was the first mdoel, I completly desgiend in 3D and then pritned it. However, what I know now, I would have made some things a bit different, but I hope I can use the lessons learned for another model.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

zenrat

This is the future of model making.

Well done.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

That's outstanding. I'd blanche at the thought of drawing it, never mind actually printing and building it. :thumbsup:

Quote from: nönöbär on April 19, 2020, 03:57:28 AM
The model was painted with Revell Aqua Color and a few parts of the spare part box were sued.

The parts of the spares box I'd most like to sue are the cardboard flaps at the bottom that conspire to cause me emotional distress and pain by maliciously hiding all the good bits.

Do you think I'd have a case?  ;) ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Very cool. Love the look in the inside ! Makes me want to go tour one lol.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on April 21, 2020, 02:31:22 PM

The parts of the spares box I'd most like to sue are the cardboard flaps at the bottom that conspire to cause me emotional distress and pain by maliciously hiding all the good bits.

Do you think I'd have a case?  ;) ;D

With a good lawyer or possibly one who just wants the publicity ? Sure  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.