Lockheed Helecson Mk.IV

Started by Bungle, April 16, 2020, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

This was going to be an out of the box build. Then I noticed that the Italeri Hudson IV/V kit included 'unused parts' in particular a solid nose and a blanking place for the rear turret. I assume this to be for a Lockheed Electra version that , to date, has yet to hit the shelf. So I decided to do this as the Howard Hughes TWA Electra and started looking around for the TWA decals I know I have somewhere in the five or six boxes of decals.  During that search I came across a very nice set of US Coast Guard decals. Inspiration ! Ok so whether the Coast Guard can be loosely called Navy (I mean they have floaty things) I'll leave up to you moderators but here is my Lockheed Helecson (Hudson / Electra whatever).

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

loupgarou

Unusual look for the Hudson, with a beautiful paint/decal job.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Coast Guard is more than welcome in this GB.

Nice work.  Looks great.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That is VERY smart, it looks almost sleek, if you can that about a Hudson/Electra.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

That transforms the look of a Hudson - good one! :thumbsup: