Aerospatiale/Westland Gazelle HAR.Mk.5

Started by Knightflyer, April 03, 2020, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Following the successful initial use of helicopters as Air Ambulances in West Germany, the British Government tasked the RAF with trialling a similar concept in Great Britain.
Gazelle ZB333 'Canary' was attached to No.22 squadron of the RAF.
It is important to note that Canary was never a true Air Ambulance as is now accepted, it was seen as a 'first responder' and a force-multiplier to the larger rescue helicopters. It was also used for the transport of walking wounded from remote areas where ground vehicles might have issues with access , thereby allowing the larger helicopters to concentrate on the more serious casualties.

Aerospatiale/Westland Gazelle HAR.Mk.3 ZB333 'Canary'

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

You've got a thing about Gazelles. haven't you?  ;D

That looks great, and very plausible too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2020, 10:23:52 AM
You've got a thing about Gazelles. haven't you?  ;D

That looks great, and very plausible too.

Well I got a kit out of the stash to do the black and yellow one for the group build, and it turned out there were two kits in the box  ;D

So I could hardly put the second one back could I  ;D

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

I love this one (medical) even more than your black one! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Knightflyer

Quote from: Tophe on April 04, 2020, 12:42:41 AM
I love this one (medical) even more than your black one! :wub:

Thank-you Tophe, On a trip to Germany last year I got interested in the yellow ADAC helicopters (and I have several in the stash to do) This helicopter was a sideways step from those. :mellow:

Thank-you for all the positive comments gents, I've not been actively wfiffing recently so it's nice to receive such a  :thumbsup: response as I sneak back into the room  ;D ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Glenn Gilbertson

strobez

That looks great. Can I ask what scale that one is? I'm searching valiantly for a 1/144 scale one, but not luck so far.
Thanks!

Greg

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!