Re: Bored and in Lock-down?

Started by chrisonord, March 30, 2020, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have made the  motorbike  part of my kitchen  furniture and it is now a breakfast bar in the middle of the  floor.  I can  sit on it while drinking my brew in the morning  ;D ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Quote from: chrisonord on March 30, 2020, 04:39:03 PM
I have made the  motorbike  part of my kitchen  furniture and it is now a breakfast bar in the middle of the  floor.  I can  sit on it while drinking my brew in the morning  ;D ;D
Chris

You're not married, are you?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

chrisonord

Quote from: kerick on March 30, 2020, 09:12:27 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on March 30, 2020, 04:39:03 PM
Chris

You're not married, are you?
Funny you should say that  ;D ;D
I used to keep its  predecessor outside,  mainly because it was too big to get through the door  ;D ;D this is a  svelte  triumph Bonneville.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on March 31, 2020, 08:33:48 AM

I used to keep its  predecessor outside,  mainly because it was too big to get through the door  ;D ;D this is a  svelte  triumph Bonneville.

SVELTE?  :o

A Bonneville?

My brother and I had a Bonny (shared ownership) back in the 60s, and it was considered a monster back then. But ours did have a sidecar.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 31, 2020, 09:10:55 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on March 31, 2020, 08:33:48 AM

SVELTE?  :o

A Bonneville?

My brother and I had a Bonny (shared ownership) back in the 60s, and it was considered a monster back then. But ours did have a sidecar.  ;D
compared to the bike I  have  the sidecar  on it is a tidler and at 865 cc the smallest capacity bike  I have owned for a long time  with the exception of a  couple of  trail/ enduro bikes.  The bike the Bonneville replaced is a 1000 cc v twin, the sidecar  bike  a 1200 four, and quietly  waiting to be  brought back to  life and dwelling behind the couch  is rhe bike  I  bought  from  my accident money  9 years ago, my 1198 cc Ducati Diavel.  THAT  is a beast and three quarters  :wacko:
Chris

PR19_Kit

Our Bonny was a 650 cc I think, it may have been a 500 cc, but I'm sure others here will know more than me about bikes of that period.

One thing I know for sure is that my right foot will never go rusty as the Bonny leaked oil like a sieve all over my foot most of the time. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Sounds about right that does  kit,  if an old brit bike  didn't leak oil  it meant there wasn't any in it ;D
They were  650 cc and I think that there was  750's too. Mine is a  modern  air cooled and  fuel  injection version , it  sounds  vaguely similar to an  old school one and looks  similar too. The  other two are a  completely different ball game
Chris

Weaver

At a clubman's motorbike race in the 1960s:

Triumph rider, coming into the pits: "Quick, give me some oil!"

Mechanic: "Do you want me to put it in the tank or just pour it straight over the back wheel?"
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on March 31, 2020, 05:10:38 PM
At a clubman's motorbike race in the 1960s:

Triumph rider, coming into the pits: "Quick, give me some oil!"

Mechanic: "Do you want me to put it in the tank or just pour it straight over the back wheel?"
;D ;D ;D

zenrat

British bikes of the period were built that way to prevent rusting from the salt that was put on the roads in the winter.

Triumph could have dealt with the major causes of the leaks if, when they switched from separate engine and gearbox to unit construction they had also switched to horizontally split cases.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

I am glad mine isn't  quite so authentic  as I don't fancy  getting oily  incontinence on my kitchen floor  :-X
Chris

PR19_Kit

IIRC our Bonny had a pipe that lead from a tank at the rear of the engine down the right hand side and into the crankcase by my right ankle.

The problem was that it was TWO pipes, one inside the other, one the feed and the other the return. Where it went into the crankcase it had a mind bogglingly complicated ali casting with three gaskets, all of which leaked like sieves!  :banghead: :banghead:

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Over engineered  under reliable.  Sounds like the  rest of our motor industry really.

FAR148

Rheged

WARNING OF VIRAL INFECTION.

Remember at all times that whilst careful hand-washing and  self-isolation can reduce the spread of Covid-19,  there is no action or procedure in Whiffworld that can prevent, mitigate or cure THREAD DRIFT VIRUS.    This benign infection has symptoms of wild imaginings,  great intuitive leaps of intellect, literary magnificence and polychrome displays.  In fact, Thread Drift Virus is vital to the health of Whiffworld.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet