Me 600; circular winged aircraft

Started by Rheged, March 24, 2020, 09:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

Never heard of the "Me 600" designation (sounds like invented by Luft '46 nerds), I only know it as the "Sack A.S. 6"; it was a simple technology demonstrator/research aircraft. IIRC, Special Hobby even did a model of it.

TomZ

Nothing to do with Messerschmitt apart from the canopy from 109 and the landing gear if I remember correctly.

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_AS-6

There are some models out there for this little thing:
- Special Hobby in 1/72
- RS Model in 1/72
- Special Hobby in 1/48
- UMM in 1/48
- Anigrand 1/144 (bonus kit in the Haunebu II kit)

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

The Wooksta!

RS did a resin kit in the mid 90s and Special Hobby did a limited run one in both 72nd and 48th.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

I thought that thing looked familiar. I have a book that was given to me as as kid and it has one of those in it. It's in the UFO section if I remember correctly .
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

dumaniac

Yeah, I built the Special Hobby in 48 scale - simple enough kit - small resin engine going from memory. Not sure - we are doing home renovations (started before COVID-19) and the plastic is all packed away.

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2020, 10:23:48 AM
Never heard of the "Me 600" designation (sounds like invented by Luft '46 nerds), I only know it as the "Sack A.S. 6"; it was a simple technology demonstrator/research aircraft. IIRC, Special Hobby even did a model of it.

Seeing as the source is Rob Arndt's "Mystical Nazi Flying Saucers" site, it's a step beyond just
Luft '46 nerds.
:rolleyes:  ;D  :banghead:

Mossie

I've heard of it before, it's also known as the Sack AS.7.  I thought about putting the Special Hobby 1/48 AS.6 wing on a 1/72 Bf.109K, can't remember what my conclusions where.

There's a resin kit available:
https://www.drtebsale.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=478370
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I have Secret Projects: Flying Saucer Aircraft by Bill Rose & Tony Buttler. 

Re the AS-6 & 7 it says;

Designed by Arthur Sack the AS-6 was built in 43/44 mostly from wood and fabric but utilising many components from crashed and wrecked Messerschmitt aircraft including an Me 108 engine and Me 109 canopy, seat, instruments and undercarriage.
It never flew apart from five short hops.  These showed that amongst other things the wings were too short to counteract the engines torque and it banked hard to the left as it left the ground.
It was destroyed in an air raid in early '45.
The AS-7 was a proposal for an Me 109k-4 fuselage fitted with circular wings.  "Some unconfirmed reports suggest that Messerschmitt had provisionally assigned the designation Me 600 to the AS-7".

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..