Supermarine Stingray S1 done! Pics at page 3

Started by 63cpe, March 05, 2020, 09:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Working on this beast for the navy GB.....just can't think of a name and type....so please send me your suggestions,

That's a 1/72 Cl 415 lower fuselage half under the 1/48 Stealth fighters fuselage. outriggers are also from the CL 415 (not installed yet)
IMG_20200305_162759878 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200305_163621813 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200305_163715617 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200305_163740012 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20200305_163749980 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The canopy was made by transparent epoxy in a mould from an Vulcan canopy.....came out perfectly, if a little malleable, probably needs some time curing.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers,
David aka 63cape

Rheged

This is the aircraft that Supermarine designed as an eventual follow-on to the Scimitar, I think.    If so , Supermarine were contemplating  other "S" names ......Sword ,  Sgian Dhu, Sabre , Stiletto, Switchblade and Seax. 

On the other hand, I could well be totally wrnog  wrong, and it is either  a Blackburn Brigand, Bludgeon or  Bandit as a Buccaneer  replacement
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

63cpe

Thanks gentlemen! :thumbsup:

A Supermarine is an interesting Idea. Also like the name Stingray as it resembles the real thing, kinda-sorta....So, Supermarine Stingray it is!

Thank you!

David aka 63cpe

Mossie

I was going to suggest Manta on similar lines.  I've got the theme tune in my head now.....
https://youtu.be/E06cNv55jTs
:thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

Thanks for sharing Mossie!

I'm amazed this was produced in 1964/65....That old and yet so very imaginative and inspiring!

Great stuff!

David aka 63cpe

Leading Observer

Quote from: Mossie on March 05, 2020, 12:22:36 PM
I was going to suggest Manta on similar lines.  I've got the theme tune in my head now.....
https://youtu.be/E06cNv55jTs
:thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

major

Nice one Dave, that's just Cool!! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

ericr

beautiful idea and kitbash !

Dizzyfugu

This is looking very good and sexy. Why does it whisper "Batboat" to me all the time...?

63cpe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 06, 2020, 12:18:12 AM
This is looking very good and sexy. Why does it whisper "Batboat" to me all the time...?

Yes, it does look a little batboat like...It was next to the batplane for some weeks, maybe that helped?  :mellow: :unsure:

David aka 63cpe