Electric powered scaled cars not slot cars.

Started by McColm, February 13, 2020, 03:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

The trend these days is to go electric,  by removing the car's engine and adding loads of batteries including solar panels to top up the batteries whilst stationary or on the move.
There are some radical designs and turning your classic or current car has got me thinking about 1/24 or 1/25 scale models which can be modified by removing the front grill and tweaking the body.
The inspiration comes from the Ford Mustang Mach-E launch simulator which appears in Thursday's issue of the Evening Standard free newspaper.
I shall be using one of my Ford European Capris for my first build.

kerick

Planning to go to the Chicago Auto Show next weekend. Remind me to take pics of the Mustang.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I'm really going to miss the internal combustion engine.
Electric motors are so meh in comparison.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Actually made it to the Auto Show this year. Only took a few photos of the latest stuff.

The new mid engine Corvette! I could not figure out where the golf clubs would fit......

Something to get around on the ski slopes.

IIRC this is the new Ford GT.

And the electric Mustang.

Front is not too bad.

Back end looks like a hatchback. Not a fastback, a hatchback.

Sorry but what are these people thinking? This is the dumbest looking Mustang ever. I predict this look changes radically in the next couple years.
On the other hand, the horsepower and acceleration numbers are impressive!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Fortunately we don't see that many Mustangs on British roads,  France on the other hand is more favourable  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

The problem's not so much in the shape of the 'Mustang', but calling that car a Mustang.

Ford seem to have had a bit of a brain storm on names recently. The latest Ford UK Puma, in't a small powerful coupe like its predecessor with the same name, it's just another small crossover.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Ford only makes SUVs, trucks and crossovers anymore. The Mustang is the only thing you could call a car. So I guess the shape of this "Mustang" is to be expected.
Tophe the Wise

major

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2020, 11:28:04 PM
The problem's not so much in the shape of the 'Mustang', but calling that car a Mustang.

Ford seem to have had a bit of a brain storm on names recently. The latest Ford UK Puma, in't a small powerful coupe like its predecessor with the same name, it's just another small crossover.

Ford (at least here in Germany) had several blackouts when it came to names during the past years.

One of these total failures was/is IMHo the "Ecosport", which is a SUV. No Eco, no sport. Rather sounds like an equipment line than a car name.

And, even worse, they called another, totally generic SUV "Kuga", because no German knows what a cougar is (even though there was a coupĂ© with that name, a flop...) or how to spell that word properly. But using a dumb onomatopoeia?  :-\

Old Wombat

Have/had the same vehicle marketed here in Aus, where it is/was competing with the Toyota Kluger in the "family SUV" market. :o :rolleyes: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Scotaidh

And this is a Mustang  Shelby's AC Cobra ... powered by a 427 Ford V8, which engine was used in Mustangs, hence my confusion ... But still one of the mostest prettiest cars ever

Sorry for the diversion - back to the "It's not really a Mustang" thread ...

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Why?  This is more interesting.

The 427 Cobras were more brutal than pretty.  I think they were prettier before Shelby got his hands on them.

Fred

McColm

I maybe wrong or got my wires crossed but isn't there an electric version of the Cobra?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2020, 01:36:39 AM

Why?  This is more interesting.

The 427 Cobras were more brutal than pretty.  I think they were prettier before Shelby got his hands on them.

Isn't that an AC Ace? The straight six cylinder predecessor of the original 289 engine Cobra?

This one's a 289 Cobra, quite a bit less brutal than a 427 IMHO.

It's difficult to find a pic of a 289 without either the awful 'grille ring bumper' that most US market cars seem to have, or the silly looking overiders.  :banghead:

The differences between the 289 and the Ace are the set back headlamps and indicators on the Ace and the square edged wheel arches on the 289 Cobra, the Ace doesn't have extended arches at all.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit