AMX International Helm T.2

Started by CammNut, January 19, 2020, 01:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CammNut

This is one of a pair of 1/48 Hobbyboss AMXs I started simultaneously - one single-seat and one dual-seat. Because of its simpler colour scheme, the trainer was completed first. The single-seater (GR.1) is far behind.

Very little modification to the kit. Removed the gun port from the forward fuselage, left off the underwing pylons and stores. Added the wingtip air-combat instrumentation pods. Decals are from an Alley Cat Hawk T.1 sheet.

Overall a not bad kit. Goes together without too many issues. although the intakes are swines to paint. The kit's wingtip launch rails are rubbish, so the rails and instrumentation pods here are metal aftermarket ones.

I have always liked the AMX, but couldn't find a 1/72 kit. It always surprises me how much bigger 1/48 is, but it its still a small aircraft. The name? The Italians call the AMX "Ghibli", a wind from Libya. Helm is the UK's only named wind.

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Defo looks smart in those colours. Probably get a couple of second glances as well.....wait, what ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: CammNut on January 19, 2020, 01:28:00 PM
This is one of a pair of 1/48 Hobbyboss AMXs I started simultaneously - one single-seat and one dual-seat. Because of its simpler colour scheme, the trainer was completed first. The single-seater (GR.1) is far behind.
With two kits, you could have tried making a Zwilling, no? An asymmetric one, a little: two-seat on the port side, single-seat on starboard... :unsure: ;D
(No, I am just dreaming, your model is beautiful, waiting for the other one) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

She does look good, especially in that scheme  :thumbsup:

Quote from: CammNut on January 19, 2020, 01:28:00 PM
The name? The Italians call the AMX "Ghibli", a wind from Libya. Helm is the UK's only named wind.

I never knew we actually had a named wind, but the Met Office site explained it all.  :thumbsup: Wonder why it's just this one wind in Cumbria that has a name ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.