Vickers Armstrong Vanquish F7

Started by chrisonord, January 17, 2020, 02:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Here is my nearly finished  Vickers Armstrong Vanquish  F mk 7. Based at RAF Wildenwrath Germany  1971.  The aircraft  first became  operational  in 1961, and became  a potent  interceptor  from  day one.  The aircraft  could  fly at mach 2.2 and have  a climb rate  no other aircraft in the world  could  get any where near.  After several upgrades the aircraft  remained  the front line  interceptor  until  1989 when it was replaced by the  Tornado.  The Red Hebe missiles  were also developed  further  and became  a lethal  weapon  against  long range  high speed  targets.  The missile was capable of  locking on to and despatching targets  75 nautical miles away, making  it the the most  potent  air to air  missile  available  during  that time period.  The mi3 was also developed  in to a surface to air missile  on both mobile  land based launchers  and on naval  ships.
The kit is rhe Fantastic plastic/Anigrand  Vickers Armstrong type 559, not too bad to build  but  a few things  spoilt the build, particularly  the fit of the canopy, and there wasn't much I could do with it either.  But nevermind.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ibRvN65m23kwG4mU9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HcFFf6P3jrmqavBb8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GGbpfZ4pUmFDXAuf7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8LQNk75ELQpfXGWp8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WQcdAL4cmiALSjAg6
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Another kit on my list ---- very nice Chris  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Captain Canada

Very nice ! such a big brute of a machine.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Nice build Chris. Anigrand kits can be a bit of a "curates egg" I find. Not to much finesses about the kits (or the ones I've built anyway) and prone to flash but they do such interesting types  ;).

She would have been a brute of a machine that's for sure. Someone at Telford and the London show had 1/48 (may have been 1/32 ?) scale kits of it for sale and you would have needed a house extension  ;)

I'm also glad to say that after looking at your bench in those pics I don't feel the urgency to tidy mine up any more  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Haha, I  tidy the bench up after  each  build  but  still end up  covering it with  stuff, mostly  paint pots  and tools I  used once.  The bench is home made, it sits on top of a folding wheeled table  and I have a  box on the  side which is  stuffed full of  things I  might  need and never do.  :rolleyes: ;D
There is a company on Facebook  doing  3D printed  versions  as well as other stuff in big scales too. They are called Britain's lost projects.

dwomby

Well done.  That really looks the part!

David

Tophe

Wow! :wub: :thumbsup:
(I was impressed but I must confess I did not know the Vickers 559. I found it on the Web at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_Type_559 )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

Quote from: Tophe on January 18, 2020, 10:52:48 AM
Wow! :wub: :thumbsup:
(I was impressed but I must confess I did not know the Vickers 559. I found it on the Web at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_Type_559 )
I was wanting one from the  moment I  saw it's  pictures  in a book and then on the web Tophe. She is a  big girl, and  one  you  wouldn't want  to mess with . A bit like Obelix's twin sister  :wacko:
The  fuselage is as big as an avro arrow 's
Chris

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on January 18, 2020, 03:15:21 AM

There is a company on Facebook  doing  3D printed  versions  as well as other stuff in big scales too. They are called Britain's lost projects.

That's them. They were at Telford and London. I was surprised at how relatively inexpensive they were
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 19, 2020, 07:18:04 AM

That's them. They were at Telford and London. I was surprised at how relatively inexpensive they were
They quoted me £160 for an Avro 730 in 1/72nd scale  including postage.  The thing  is 26 inches long too!! They also do Fairey Delta 3' to order in 1/72nd scale, now I really want one of those.
Chris

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on January 19, 2020, 09:31:20 AM

They quoted me £160 for an Avro 730 in 1/72nd scale  including postage.  The thing  is 26 inches long too!! They also do Fairey Delta 3' to order in 1/72nd scale, now I really want one of those.
Chris

That would be Lost British Projects ----

I see they're only on FarceBook (and I don't do FB), do you have any pictures of that Avro 730 Chris.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 19, 2020, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on January 19, 2020, 09:31:20 AM

Chris

That would be Lost British Projects ----

I see they're only on FarceBook (and I don't do FB), do you have any pictures of that Avro 730 Chris.
I  will try and upload some  for you Robert