Nick

Scottish National Model Show
Dewars Centre
Perth
https://www.scotnats.org

25-26 April 2020

I hope to be there this year.

JayBee

I will be there for the Satuday, I hope!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Nick

The word from Geoff Crow is that the organisers are keeping an eye on the situation but are ready to cancel if needed.

In the news today Nicola Sturgeon was calling for a ban on events where over 500 people may gather indoors. This policy has yet to be confirmed or followed up by the UK government.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/12/scotland-bans-mass-gatherings-500-fight-coronavirus-12387556/

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on March 12, 2020, 09:18:21 AM
In the news today Nicola Sturgeon was calling for a ban on events where over 500 people may gather indoors. This policy has yet to be confirmed or followed up by the UK government.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/12/scotland-bans-mass-gatherings-500-fight-coronavirus-12387556/

The ban kicks in next week.

Im expecting the show to be canned now, but my current travel plans remain as they were ref the scots nationals untill ive got the email from the show manager confirming the show is off.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Well let's hope there are enough of us left alive in the Autumn to be able to stage the Glasgow show, or my withdrawal syptoms will become severe, I might have to start building some RW subjects!  :banghead:

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Nick

Quote from: JayBee on March 13, 2020, 12:50:10 AM
Well let's hope there are enough of us left alive in the Autumn to be able to stage the Glasgow show, or my withdrawal syptoms will become severe, I might have to start building some RW subjects!  :banghead:

It won't be as bad as Doomsday. I hope  ;D

Nick

Have just spoken to the B&B owner. Caroline says she expects to hear from the show organisers on Monday regarding a possible cancellaation on the grounds that they expect more than 500 people at the show.

We shall have to ride out the weekend and make other plans just in case.

Gondor

My question about a 500 people rule is if that is at the show all at one time or over a period of time?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on March 13, 2020, 08:19:16 AM
My question about a 500 people rule is if that is at the show all at one time or over a period of time?

Gondor

That is the debatable part. Milton Keynes are looking at it as the max at one time, not the whole day according to their website. You can kind of imagine one person at a stand infecting all they meet which could be well over the max.

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2020, 08:52:18 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 13, 2020, 08:19:16 AM

Gondor

That is the debatable part. Milton Keynes are looking at it as the max at one time, not the whole day according to their website. You can kind of imagine one person at a stand infecting all they meet which could be well over the max.

There is also the possible problem of a trader or helper at the show infecting everyone that turns up so I would not be supprised if it is canceled.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Nick

The Scottish Nationals have been cancelled.
Message from Facebook:

Just received and of interest to all scale model builders regarding the Scottish National Scale Model Show 2020

Unfortunately, but hopefully not unexpectedly, we have had to take the decision to cancel SNSMS 2020. I understand that this is disappointing, but I hope that you understand the reasons for the decision and that you are able to support the decision.

The recent guidance from both the UK and Scottish governments would not have left us any alternative, even if there were not already serious concerns about the health and wellbeing of show attendees. We have already had several exhibitors and traders pull out over the weekend due to concerns about Covid-19.

We have been in discussion with our landlord's at the Dewar Centre since last week after the First Ministers initial statement on large public gatherings. These have now reached a satisfactory conclusion. Whilst the safety of show attendees is paramount, the show committee exists to run the show and needs to be able to ensure that we are financially able to do so in the future.

We would hope to hold the show AGM at some point later in the year, circumstances permitting.

Albeit there will not be a show this year the normal show paperwork will be issued in due course. This will show the work that goes into running a show, even when there isn't one.

Hopefully the situation will have improved enough that we can hold SNSMS 2021 next year, and I will contact you in due course about that.

In the meantime I hope that you and yours stay well, and that you make good use of any "free time" you might now have.

Thanks.

Neil Whyte,

Exhibitor Liaison,

SNSMS 2020.

Martin H

Oh well. with the current situation its most likely the best option they could take.

Ref the Milton keyens show.........I suspect that one will also bite the dust, despite the organisers trying to fudge it to get around any ban, if the bug is as they predict at its peak around the date of the show, it would in my view be mad to go ahead.

On the bright side we now have around 13 months to build for the 2021 Perth show  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

The elephant in the room is will Telford face the axe too...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 17, 2020, 04:32:56 PM

The elephant in the room is will Telford face the axe too...

That is a good six months away and will all depend on how the pandemic progresses.

Gondor

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on March 17, 2020, 04:20:23 PM

On the bright side we now have around 13 months to build for the 2021 Perth show  :thumbsup:

I may still need an extension!  :wacko:

Cats are not real.