Model kit instructions

Started by chrisonord, January 03, 2020, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Is there anyone here who collects  model kit instructions.  Like  most of us here I  have  LOTS  of them that I really don't need anymore.  If anyone wants them they are welcome to them, all I want  is some  help with the postage, or you  can collect them yourself.  They are mostly  modern/post war armour and aircraft  in 1/72nd scale, Soviet/Russian  French British German subjects.  Just thought I would ask before I binned them.
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Nick

In the past I have sent a lot to the IPMS for their collection. Not sure if they still do it but it is useful for older kits.

chrisonord

Thankyou  Nick, do you  or anyone here have  any  contact details  for them please.
Cheers
Chris

kitnut617

Over on The Airfix Tribute Forum, they have a section specifically for instructions to be posted on, you could try contacting them and see if they want them Chris. Dave Coventry would be the one I think, and he's a member here too, goes by userID davecov
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Thankyou Robert, much appreciated.  I know  to a lot of peop they are just  rubbish, but to some  they are of use.
Cheers
Chris.

kitnut617

No worries ---

I'm the other way, I keep the instructions and dump the boxes/bags. Although I did know someone who collected just the boxes   :o
Sometimes I pick up a good deal where the kits are just a bagged item, the kept instructions have come in handy more than a few times.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

I have  messaged  Dave, so hopefully they are of use to him.
Chris

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 03, 2020, 09:16:12 AM

I'm the other way, I keep the instructions and dump the boxes/bags.

As do I. Although I do sometimes cut the box top art work out if it's particularly attention grabbing or has nostalgia value.

Chris

The IPMS UK Kit Instruction Library is run by Brian Cameron who can be contacted on library@ipmsuk.org.

I do have his address, so if you just want to send them drop me a PM

Chris a.k.a Narses  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Thankyou  Chris, I will  start gathering them up this weekend, and see what I have.
Cheers
Chris

zenrat

I keep the instructions because sometime I find I need to go back and check how something goes together.  An engine being fitted to an aircraft it wasn't intended for, for example.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Joe C-P

I have provided copies of instructions for people who've bought opened kits and found them sans instructions, and I've obtained the same.
This is naturally more valuable for old kits that are out of manufacturing, from companies that no longer are or haven't produced the model in years to decades.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

chrisonord

I started  sorting out the instructions  for Davecov that he wanted  and hopefully someone else will want the rest.  The task has stalled unfortunately  due to the rising tide of crap I am putting up with at the moment
Chris

Hobbes

I recently went through my stack of old instructions. Most of them can be found online by now (Revell has them on their website as downloadable PDF, for example), the few I didn't find I'll scan.

zenrat

I should prolly sort and catalogue mine but that's time I could be building models so it's not going to happen.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..