Started by 63cpe, November 03, 2019, 02:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Currently on the table:

IMG_20191103_222206548 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20191103_222154476 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20191103_222135682 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20191103_222110086 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

What if early jet light bomber/attacker by Bell. 3 engines, one in each wingroot (will be more pronounced by sanding)
Hope you like it.

David aka 63cpe

Got to finish some project instead of starting new ones!

Weaver

Ooh, that looks right!  :thumbsup:

What scale is it iand what are the donor kits?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

63cpe

Thanks!

It's in 1/72 ( the cockpit parts are..) and it's made of an 1/32 Bell X-1 and 1/96 Revell HP Victor wings (stabilo's will follow).

David aka 63cpe

chrisonord

This is looking good David,  I will be  watching this.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

That's a combination I would have never thought of!!!
I'll be watching this one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

That's looking great. And VERY German, too!

zenrat

What I like about you Dave is that you are not afraid to dive into something new.  This is awesome.   :wub:
Also, nice big photos with some very interesting stuff going on in the background.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: 63cpe on November 03, 2019, 02:14:46 PM
Got to finish some project instead of starting new ones!

Yeah! Yeah! Sure! :rolleyes:

This one looks like it's going to be good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

63cpe

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words! :wub:

@ Zenrat: Fred you really made my day! thanks!;-) Will post some pictures of the other stuff as well. But most of it is posted earlier separately. I have the tendency to store unfinished stuff (lost interest..) on the table and let it gather dust..Really have to finish them one day.

@ Dizzyfugu: Yes, it sure does look German! I took some inspiration from the Manfred Griehl book "Secret projects of the third reich". For the real "Luft '46" look I should change the tail configuration to a V or butterfly tail. I think I leave it up to you (or somebody else on this forum) to do such a thing. But I think it'll look great in a German late WW II mottled grey's/brown and green.
I guess the only difference between late war German projects and early US jets are thrust and size of the engines.

I got the X-1 from a friend of mine and tried several wings incl outerwings from an 1/32 P-38. Those are off course straight and very classic in styling, but was looking for something a little more modern looking. Enter the late war German experimental wingshapes (Arado etc.) and voilá....

David aka 63cpe

TheChronicOne

Weeeee!   Fun ride!  Outstanding!
-Sprues McDuck-