Bandai Super Star Destroyer

Started by sykotik, October 04, 2019, 07:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

Hi guys

As a little side project, I bought myself one of those new little SSD's that were released not long ago to put on my desk at work. I have the Korbanth kit as well but that's not really a work friendly display item (would certainly raise a few eyebrows on the train in though!  ;D )
Straight from the box the way Bandai intended it to be. No adding details or what not. Just slap it together and paint it. So easy
I painted it in Tamiya paints: Light Grey (XF-65/66 I think) and Dark Grey XF-24, highlighted using pastels and powders
It was a fun kit and goes together very easily - although as many before me have said - the parts are very small so handle carefully

Like I said, its a fun kit and well, let's face it, it the only-option choice if you don't want to shell out a heap for a huge resin kit
That's it but thanks for looking
Si

Old Wombat

Straight from the box? :o

Are you ill? :unsure:

Actually, it seems to have quite a lot of detailing greeblies, anyway, so you can be forgiven. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

What counts as 'very small' in your world Mr. Sykotic? I have no clue at all how big, or small it is, but it looks HUGE!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sykotik

I know right - straight from the box! A testament to Bandai's amazing tooling.  that I feel there is already more detail there than expected. I couldn't make parts for something that small and keep them in scale

Small in my world is the same small in everyone else's world I think  :thumbsup:. This is only in 19cm in length and the bridge is a huge 3mm in width and to me that's pretty darned small already  ;D

PR19_Kit

Yes, that IS small.  :o

But very nicely moulded and very well built too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 04, 2019, 11:18:04 PM
Yes, that IS small.  :o

Understatement of the day  ;D

I really, really do like the look of that, so stylish  :thumbsup: And the detail as moulded is really good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos