Bell HSL-2 ASW helicopter

Started by PR19_Kit, October 03, 2019, 03:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

This is going to be a blitz build, by my standards anyway, as I haven't done very much for Telford this year, and there's JUST enough time, maybe............

It's an Anigrand resin Bell HSL-1 that will have some serious mods done to it, and probably another user, but I'm not sure who as yet.

The obligatory 'kit box' shot.

Then the reference book, which I bought last weekend and it kicked the idea off in my head.

And now the kit itself. A bit of the port fuselage half has snapped off, but it's a clean break and should glue back on OK.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

comrade harps

The real thing looks like a kitbash...
Whatever.

NARSES2

The engine placement has always fascinated me with this. Health and Safety ? Who are they ?  :rolleyes:

I've got a soft spot for Anigrand, looking forward to this  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

I shall be watching  this  for sure, and the helicopter looks like it was designed  in a pub after too many jaeger bombs  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 04, 2019, 06:21:22 AM

The engine placement has always fascinated me with this. Health and Safety ? Who are they ?  :rolleyes:

I've got a soft spot for Anigrand, looking forward to this  :thumbsup:

It's only the second Anigrand kit I've attempted, and it looks a lot better than the first one!

I'm going to sort the engine placement by putting them on the outside, making much more space in the fuselage too.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Unusual subject! :thumbsup:
Is ASW meaning Anti-Submarine Warfare? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 04, 2019, 02:49:52 PM

It's only the second Anigrand kit I've attempted, and it looks a lot better than the first one!

They have improved over the years, but I still find that if I spend time cleaning the mouldings up first (they do have an awful lot of flash) it makes the build process far more enjoyable.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on October 05, 2019, 02:07:08 AM
Unusual subject! :thumbsup:
Is ASW meaning Anti-Submarine Warfare? :unsure:

Yes Tophe

Nick

It's like they drew up an aircraft and then said 'Where do we put the rotors?'  :o

Extending the fuselage and putting the cockpit forward would improve the looks a lot.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2019, 01:32:41 AM

Extending the fuselage and putting the cockpit forward would improve the looks a lot.

Funny you should say that Nick...............  ;)

Moving the cockpit is a bit of a drama though, and may not happen.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I'm having second and third thoughts abut this, the resin that Anigrand use seems to base on reinforced concrete and some of the parts that I want to saw through are immensely thick! I may need a bench band saw to get through them!

I have some other ideas to build up my Telford 2019 quota though.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup, in some cases Anigrand parts were/are even thicker than Magna  ;)