LF Instructions

Started by Gondor, September 26, 2019, 10:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I just won an item on eBay knowing that it didn't have instructions, but it did mean that it was failry cheap.

So does anyone have the following set of instructions or know where I can possibly get  set?

Airfix 1:72 RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Here you go:
https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/RNLI-Severn-class-Lifeboat.html

If you need a full copy, I can scan it for you.   Strangely enough, I've got the kit right next to me as I've been sniffing the plastic the last few nights.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Phew, that's a complicated kit, and it's not all that large either!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Yeah, it's put me off building it a bit. Reading reviews, the early boxings fit poorly but the red boxes go together like a dream.

No idea what Airfix have done to improve it.  Of course, I've got the grey box .... :rolleyes:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Quote from: Mossie on September 26, 2019, 10:58:02 AM

Here you go:
https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/RNLI-Severn-class-Lifeboat.html

If you need a full copy, I can scan it for you.   Strangely enough, I've got the kit right next to me as I've been sniffing the plastic the last few nights.

A scan of it sent as a PDF would be great  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

PM me your email, if I've got time I'll send it tomorrow.  If not, I'll send it early next week.

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on September 26, 2019, 11:32:48 AM
early boxings fit poorly

This thread inspired me to clip the hull parts from the sprues. I can confirm that the fit of my kit is crap.  :banghead:

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on September 26, 2019, 02:19:31 PM
Quote from: Mossie on September 26, 2019, 11:32:48 AM
early boxings fit poorly

This thread inspired me to clip the hull parts from the sprues. I can confirm that the fit of my kit is crap.  :banghead:

I've had another dry fit and it's better than I thought.  The key for me, was to deviate from the instructions and to fit the deck to the upper hull parts and then add the lower hull.

I found that if I tried to add the upper hull parts to the lower hull it wasn't rigid enough and was very fiddly to get the parts in place.