NATO Day 2019 Ostrava, Czech Republic

Started by upnorth, September 22, 2019, 10:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Hello all

This past weekend was the annual NATO Day show in Ostrava, Czech Republic. We had great weather, sunny but not too hot and a decent variety of stuff on display.

Here's a taste of what was on hand when I visitred the show on Saturday:

Romania was the special guest host nation and they brought in a good selection of air and land gear. Their aircraft contribution included MiG-21s, IAR 99 Soim trainers, IAR 330 SOCAT helicopters and a C-27 Spartan transport:

For the first time, Italy brought a Tornado and a pair of AMX light strike aircraft to the show. According to one of the AMX pilots, 2019 might be the first and last NATO Days for the aircraft as the Italian air force is planning to retire the type quite soon:

Germany brought this Tornado and Sea Lynx as well as an A400:

Hungary brought this Gripen and Falcon 7X as well as a "Hind" helicopter:

Canada brought a CF-18 Hornet:

Switzerland also provided a Hornet as well as their Pilatus PC-7 team:

The Dassault Alpha Jet was a big presence on the ground and in the air this year, with two Belgian examples in the statics and the Patrouille de France making their NATO Days debut in the air:

The Czechs and Slovaks had their shared corner in the statics with a mix or aircraft both old and new to their respective air forces. Here we have a Czech Yak-40 and Mi-35 along with a Slovak Blackhawk:

A couple of shots of a Czech Mi-17 doing its thing in the dynamic displays:

A Polish CASA 295 on its way to dropping some paratroopers:

A Czech police Bell 412 in action:

A few other residents of the static park this year:

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kerick

Nice post and great pics! Any idea what's up with the "British" F-16? Battle of Britain markings?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on September 22, 2019, 12:18:47 PM

Nice post and great pics! Any idea what's up with the "British" F-16? Battle of Britain markings?

That same F-16 was at RIAT this year in the same markings. It's in commemoration of the squadron's beginnings when it was formed in the UK during WWII.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: kerick on September 22, 2019, 12:18:47 PM

IIRC, it was an all Norwegian manned squadron in the RAF at the time, and the scheme is to commemorate them.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Two Mils and a MiG 21.  Made my evening.  Thanks for sharing.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

The F-16 was done up for the 75th anniversary of D-Day earlier this year.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/