RW railway and road and aicraft build

Started by PR19_Kit, August 19, 2019, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yeah, I know it sounds complex, and it is.

I've built a 1/148 etched brass and resin kit of an RAF Queen Mary trailer for our current model railway layout that's in build. It's dated at late 1939 and it has all sorts of RAF connotations all over it, and we wanted a Queen Mary there with a Hurricane airframe on the back being delivered to a nearby RAF Station.

So here it is, a Zvezda 1/144 Hurricane (A LOVELY little kit BTW) hand painted with home printed 1939 era decals. The Queen Mary is by GraModels, and there are only two of them in the world, and I have BOTH of them! The guy who made them was so upset about how the etch came out that he only printed two, so I bought them.  :thumbsup:

That's a giant tube of Revell Contacta glue that Greg Strobez sent me, just to confuse you guys......  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That is impressively minuscule work, Kit! Well done! :bow: :bow: :cheers:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Wow, looks great. Your eyes must be better than mine....

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

nighthunter

The Sweets Hurris are very nice, haven't had the chance to check out the Zvezda Hurri. I had to sell my Sweets though.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 20, 2019, 04:21:55 AM
Excellent work Kit.
:thumbsup:

Indeed it is  :thumbsup:

I wasn't aware Zveda did 1/144. I thought all their small stuff was 1/100. You live and learn - as long as you keep your eyes and ears open  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Not certain if "cute" is the right word, but that's really cool.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Here's the scenario on the layout. The backstory is that the Queen Mary got jammed across the junction, thus the tractor part being on the pavement. There'll be some RAF cops on motorbikes around it, plus a civilian cop trying to sort out the resultant traffic jam.  ;D

All the buildings in the pic are scratchbuilt BTW, but not by me! The little blue trimmed shop on the corner is an exact scale model of one at the bottom of my road, amazing stuff.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I finally managed to finish this, after weeks of looking all over the Net for pics of Hurricanes on trailers. My initial ideas were wrong it seems so I re-hashed the positioning and it's now all glued in place and some detail painting done and it's all varnished now.

And it's still TINY!

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

I've only just noticed I've not given it a serial no.  :o

I deliberately didn't apply any codes as they would have been determined at unit level, but the serials were allocated on manufacture.

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Do not you worry about that Kit, it is still an absolutely wonderfull bit of modelling wizradry>
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

McColm

That looks great,  I've got the Airfix kit in the stash along with a Revell Sea Hurricane in 1/72 scale  :thumbsup: