Aldi workshop paper towel

Started by chrisonord, July 19, 2019, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I bought  some  of this for general  use around  the house,  and  blowing  my nose on :wacko:. Also I use it for wiping my paint brushes on  after I have rinsed  them,  somehow  I  tried a piece  to smooth  the plastic  down after sanding a model, and  it not only  smooths out  plastic, but also polishes it. Saving  much pennies on other stuff.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Does it now?

All I need is an Aldi then, but they're probably all MILES away from me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Newport or Thornbury are probably your nearest, Kit.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

They  sell a similar  one  in lidl too occasionally
Chris.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on July 19, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

Aha, that's a lot better, there's a Lidl in Cinderford about 7 miles away.  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Now there's a surprise  ;)

I'm convinced they are the same company, I know they are not, but that doesn't stop me coming up with conspiracy theories  ;D

Last time I was up the families I was thrown of the Newcastle Metro at Heworth ? and boarded the dreaded "Rail Replacement Bus Service" and we passed an Aldi store which had a Lidl's at the other end of it's (or was it the Lidl's) car park  :o Can't quite remember where it was , somewheere near Fellgate ? but I've never seen them closer than 2/3 miles apart before. That's part of the reason I'm convinced it's a conspiracy  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

My nearest  Aldi is about 3 -4 miles away from me, and lidl is a 10 minute  walk from  me.  I do wish it was the other way round though.
Chris.

zenrat

Is this like the rough, coarse paper towel they provide in workplace washrooms?
I keep some in my car for wiping the windows.  I don't think i've ever paid for a roll...
Ahem.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on July 20, 2019, 03:05:28 AM
Is this like the rough, coarse paper towel they provide in workplace washrooms?
I keep some in my car for wiping the windows.  I don't think i've ever paid for a roll...
Ahem.
I dare say it is similar Fred, give it a try and see.

martinbayer

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 20, 2019, 01:59:22 AM

I'm convinced they are the same company, I know they are not, but that doesn't stop me coming up with conspiracy theories  ;D

Last time I was up the families I was thrown of the Newcastle Metro at Heworth ? and boarded the dreaded "Rail Replacement Bus Service" and we passed an Aldi store which had a Lidl's at the other end of it's (or was it the Lidl's) car park  :o Can't quite remember where it was , somewheere near Fellgate ? but I've never seen them closer than 2/3 miles apart before. That's part of the reason I'm convinced it's a conspiracy  :mellow:

Well, they're both German companies...
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

NARSES2

Quote from: martinbayer on July 21, 2019, 12:14:49 AM

Yup and the way they work is very interesting. Completely different to the more established UK brands, at least in the couple I've been in.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 21, 2019, 03:45:43 AM
Quote from: martinbayer on July 21, 2019, 12:14:49 AM

Yup and the way they work is very interesting. Completely different to the more established UK brands, at least in the couple I've been in.

Yep, no choice, drive local competition out of business and send profits offshore paying minimal taxes...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 21, 2019, 04:16:45 AM

Yep, no choice, drive local competition out of business and send profits offshore paying minimal taxes...

Minimal choice from the few I've seen (your own brand and one other, not the plethora of choice the others offer), set up in a spot where there isn't much local competition (where the locals need to travel a mile or two to the nearest competitor) and employ an exceptional devious/clever accountant.

That seems to be the way they work in my part of the world anyway