Avon Show 2019

Started by darthspud2, July 16, 2019, 03:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud2

Will anyone be attending?

Not seen anything about the show online, but been somewhat distracted of late.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

NARSES2

The S.I.G. has a table (or two) there, so there should be a few of the lads at least.

Unfortunately I can't make it as I have a 50th birthday party the night before and any trip would require m eto travel on the Saturday and stay over.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'll be there for sure, the site's only 7-8 miles from me, in a straight line anyway...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Yes we have a stand at Thornbury.
Should be the usual 12ft double. So likely in the same spot we have always been in since they moved the venue to Thornbury from Yate. :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

darthspud2

crackin
All being well i may be in attendance
Now
Whom do i owe a Japanese kit?
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2019, 07:47:45 AM
...the site's only 7-8 miles from me...

After show party at Kit's house then.   ;D

If I win the lotto ($110,000,000 jackpot up for grabs this week) i'll fly over and shout the drinks.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 17, 2019, 03:56:52 AM

One slight logistical problem there, the country's largest river is in the way so it's about 25-30 miles to get there by road. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

If I win the lotto ($110,000,000 jackpot up for grabs this week) i'll fly over and shout the drinks.

I have printed that off and deposited it in a sealed envelope with my solicitor just in case  :angel: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 17, 2019, 05:42:10 AM

One slight logistical problem there, the country's largest river is in the way so it's about 25-30 miles to get there by road. :(

................and the last time I was round that way, the electrickery people were delving a mighty chasm in the Gloucester ring road, which did NOT aid traffic movement
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on July 17, 2019, 06:20:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 17, 2019, 05:42:10 AM

................and the last time I was round that way, the electrickery people were delving a mighty chasm in the Gloucester ring road, which did NOT aid traffic movement

They've done with most of that now. I go the other way anyway, across the Severn Bridge.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Martin, have you heard IPMS Avon are placing restrictions on under the table sales this year? Size of box used (60x40x40 max) and box has to be under the table. I believe the traders have been 'whining again'.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

The traders should try lowering their prices perhaps?

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 29, 2019, 08:03:44 AM
The traders should try lowering their prices perhaps?

Kit, SMW notwithstanding, I often wonder how many of the traders at shows are 100% dependent on the income they get at such for their livelihoods on a day to day basis. Some traders are little more than stash sellers it seems, and folk know who they are. Some are very good and the traders are modelling friends. It is only a very small number of under the table traders who give this aspect of the hobby a bad name. I didn't like it at the time when they tried limiting the number free tickets at Milton Keynes a few years back, but now would be happy to pay say 80% of the standard adult admission price.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 29, 2019, 07:59:45 AM
Size of box used (60x40x40 max) and box has to be under the table.

As a certain M.P. :rolleyes: MP has dictated that all measurement shall be imperial, this works in our favour.  :wacko:  Said box would be 5ft by 3½ft which is plenty of space for everything  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

He, whoever he is, can go take a hike.  :wacko:

Regards
Kit