1/72 Tornsvala

Started by Gondor, June 05, 2019, 10:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Following the instructions for the group build here is what I intend to contribute to the one week build

I hve only removed parts from the ir sprus and cleaned them up. What you see is only a dry fit and as this is the Airfit kit that means it is almost able to hold itself together

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

That was swift.
;D

I'll get me coat.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

A Swedish Swift? Cool move, since the type was an alternative (and actually favored) to the Hunter!  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on June 05, 2019, 09:40:33 PM
That was swift.
;D

I'll get me coat.

And so you should!!!

Actually the idea is to build the kit swiftly so I am applying K.I.S.S. to this build. Keeping It Stupidly Simple  ;D  Black interior will be from a rattle can, Sliver undersides and undercarriage/bays, also from a rattle can leaving just a simple Green for the upper surfaces, well that's the plan. Seat belts will be pre-painted strips of masking tape, cut just before application. Decals from the spares box with the back story based loosely on the use of the S 32C

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Day one and progress, lots of progress for me!

Spray painting from a rattle can is quick and easy. One minute you can have a paint stick with a whole load of parts taped to it

and the next there are lots of painted parts  :o

I don't have the space to set up a paint booth, and with a one week build some things need to be done quickly and/or be simple so the rattle can saves time and effort cleaning air brushes or hairy sticks, the drying time is short too  :thumbsup:

The fuselage halves will be glued together tomorrow as I need to use a hairy stick to paint the exhaust parts and that will be left to dry before it is glued into place. Plenty of things to do yet, paint the wheels, ejector seat cushions and dry brushing the cockpit. The rest is almost waiting for assembly. The intake splitter plates were sprayed white and have been glued in place, nose undercarriage bay was sprayed aluminium and was glued together. The ejector seat is waiting a repaint to tidy it up as is the wall of the nose bay wall to the cockpit and the joystick is also waiting to be painted black but I broke it so until it is dry from being repaired no more spray painting.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2019, 08:05:45 AM

Spray painting from a rattle can is quick and easy. One minute you can have a paint stick with a whole load of parts taped to it

As well as the walls of the kitchen-bathroom-handy box room etc.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 08, 2019, 09:56:32 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2019, 08:05:45 AM

Actually I spray outside the door to my flat making sure the wind is not blowing towards me  :rolleyes:

A few additional items to spray Aluminium at some point this evening as well as a bit of dry brushing to do around the cockpit and it will be ready to button up tomorrow  ;D

Gondor

As well as the walls of the kitchen-bathroom-handy box room etc.  ;)

Gondor

Progress report for Sunday. The fuselage is now buttoned up. Once that has dried the engine front and intake trunking will be fitted as will the wings which are already assembled. So far so good.

Gondor

Gondor

Second update of the day!  :o

We have a model!

Well at least I have something that looks like a model. Since I took the picture I have applied a little filler behind the cockpit and at the forward and rear joints of the wing assembly under the fuselage but that is all. Sanding tomorrow as well as painting the tyres and finishing the ejector seat. At least thats the plan.

Gondor

Gondor

And now we have paint!

Plus the anemic kit's fuel tank as someone didn't think about weight until after the wings and fuselage were firmly glued together  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At least I am not the first to have done this and I suspect that I will not be the last either  :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I paint the upper surfaces Green

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Is it tail-less Alastair?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2019, 03:42:26 PM
Is it tail-less Alastair?

Only for painting purposes Kit.

Gondor

Gondor

Another modelling update.

The upper surface colour has been added

including a demarcation line done by eye

and that is the worse of the two sides.

I might not be a quick as Dizzyfugu is, but this build is certainly one of my faster ones.

Gondor

Gondor

Dam, Dam, Dam  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why did I bother trying to use a varnish so soon after applying the paint  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The model, which is now glossier than I would like it, has streaks in the green paint where it had not cured enough to paint over it so it will have to be done again  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor

Old Wombat

The challenge of the One Week build .... Waiting! ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est