der Wind wird stärker

Started by Caveman, June 04, 2019, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

This is my plan for the one week build.

I always thought the little plane from the wind rises looked like a taube. So I'm going to try to make it look more like a taube.
secretprojects forum migrant

Caveman

Trial fit. This is basically a snap together model. I'm trying to scalearama this model to 1:72 with the help of some spare parts from a roden kit. First step will be to replace the 2 pot engine with a nice 6 cylinder.

That will require a bit of chopping of the upper fuselage to get the right sized hole.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Great idea and a very pretty aeroplane!  :thumbsup:

You could maybe make it a two-seater, with a new pilot's cockpit just behind the engine, and the original cockpit now a gunner's position.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Caveman

Work has kicked my arsenal this week so I have made no progress since last weekend. Until this morning when I've managed to grab a bit of time.

With lots of hacking I've managed to get the engine to sit neatly. Now onwards with the rest of the build!

Caveman

Well it looks like I won't get this finished before the deadline. Here is where I am currently. If I was building OOB I think this could be done really rapidly. It basically falls together and I think it would be possible to do it entirely without glue if you fancied it.

However. I want to scratch a more realistic landing gear than the stalk legs and am planning to give it a king post and some of the rigging that could be found in abundance on a taube.

Now off out to father in laws birthday party. Do you think they'd allow a scalpel and solvents in a pub?

Old Wombat

The solvents = they'll probably think you're just a serious alcoholic.

The scalpels = they'll probably think you're just a seriously alcoholic surgeon.

;) :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2019, 06:38:01 PM

The solvents = they'll probably think you're just a serious alcoholic.

The scalpels = they'll probably think you're just a seriously alcoholic surgeon.

;) :wacko:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

If you would like this moved to the "normal" build threads then let me know.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

Chris, yes please. I intend to get this one done!

Caveman

Some progress tonight.

On its slightly shorter pegs with cross member added (wing strake from something). Got the kingpost on (pup legs) and grav tank (ex helfire). Working out a radiator solution (which will probably be harrier nozzle heat shield). And then I'll put a paint coat on.

Old Wombat

I'm not a huge anime fan but I really like how this is coming together. Great build! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?