HMAS(CG) Rivoli Bay

Started by Old Wombat, June 04, 2019, 06:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Over on Beyond the Sprues I'm moderating the Floaty GB (Badly, as I was four days late kicking it off! :banghead:) for which I have stated I will enter two ship builds.

This build is the Bronco 1/350 USS Fort Worth LCS-3, which will be "Australianised" for service with the Royal Australian Navy Coast Guard.

Here she is as of earlier this evening:

(06/06/2019: Edited for a slight name change in the title.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Looking forward to "watching" you put these together  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

At the end of Day 1's modelling session we have two incomplete hulls:

The larger one is Rivoli Bay, which already has a whif element attached.

Old Wombat

Not much visible progress but she does have her first colour coat on!

With her stablemate:

zenrat

you'd need a big stable... ;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I suppose it's a sign of getting old, but I'm not a fan of these modern style turrets. They always look so lonely and puny, sitting there on their own  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2019, 06:35:30 AM
I suppose it's a sign of getting old, but I'm not a fan of these modern style turrets. They always look so lonely and puny, sitting there on their own  ;)

Same here but, well, you can't have everything - I did up-gun from a 57mm main gun to a 5", though! ;) ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 21, 2019, 06:39:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2019, 06:35:30 AM

Same here but, well, you can't have everything - I did up-gun from a 57mm main gun to a 5", though! ;) ;D

Dad used to pull the lanyard on a 4.7" until he got his own twin 20mm to play with  ;)

Old Wombat

Sad fact is (from a purely aesthetic POV) there ain't no-one to "pull-the-lanyard" in a modern turret, it's all fully automated with some young lad/lass in the CIC/Ops Room maybe pulling the electrical trigger, if the system hasn't been switched over to fully automated control.

NARSES2

Yup, the rot set in as far as I'm concerned when they gave them gunshields   :rolleyes: ;D

Old Wombat

Bloke I know's going somewhat cross-eyed building 5 x 1/350 scale R2-D2's for these builds! :-\

Then he's going to be building 4 x 1/350 scale 25mm Bushmaster systems, too! :o

Thank the gods they're not 1/700 scale! :banghead: